My CLS55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice car Karl!

Hahah I was in the 18" CLS55 club until very recently, (still have them) but 19" suit much better ;)

Sorry Sean!

As much as I try to keep an open mind about modifications, I just don't get the slammed car look. Tastefully lowered with contour of the arch repeating (but not touching) the edge of the rim - yes. But slammed to the ground - yikes, and most importantly, why?

This would be as much as I'd take it (from the same site):

amir-m3-stanceworks-build-avus-title.jpg

The advantage of AIRmatic is one can 'slam' the car whilst parked and have it raise to a sensible ride height once on the move. many of the CLS I've seen would be undriveable in the pictured state.

Still looks good though IMO :)

Congratulations! excellent choice in car.
Any reason why you went for the CLS over a CL?

19s please!

a55501be74_640.jpg

163065d1249756755-fs-2006-cls55-amg-38k-miles-black-charcoal-side-neighbor.jpg

top choice Karl, now you will know what you have been missing (re the V8K power).

don't debadge it! mine came debadged from factory and I rebadged it, it looked too plain without the array of badges.

Looks really nice mate - will keep an eye out around the M11.

Seats look like they could do with some TLC from you but otherwise looks in really nice nick.

I think there was facelift steering wheel on these too?

Congratulations Karl. Welcome to the Kompressor Club. Great choice.

Don't take any notice of Sean :ban: :rolleyes:

The wheels in V12's photo are the only wheels for the CLS.

Will you keep this a little longer than your previous cars ?

As Sean has said you now will be bitten by the AMG Bug :cool:

Any reason why you went for the CLS over a CL?

CLS is...

- newer
- younger and arguably better looking
- more popular with more cars to choose from
- has less of expensive technology to look after

I came very close to buying one myself but walked away after I sat in it. Too claustrophobic for me. Almost a tunnel like cabin feel. CL's ergonomics are on a different planet to those of CLS.

PS: Not that I need to tell you all this!

Alex couldn't agree with you more.

Definitely not better looking IMHO. :D

It also felt very claustrophobic to me as well.

Everyone has preferences, just wondered what swayed him towards the CLS.
Both great cars, no doubt.

My preference is certainly a CL as well.

Looks nice Karl.

It is hard to scrape the smile off one's face when one nails it.

:bannana:

I'll keep an eye out next time I get up to the in-laws, nr. Grunty Fen! Have fun.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Re: Slamming it, putting it into Sport 1 or 2 lowers it enough for my tastes :D

Yep, it has a fair few war wounds which I will tackle myself, these include:

-Wind noise from drivers door - checked seals and all seem fine from a quick look
-Quad pipes in a sorry state, ill have a go at this tonight
-Headlights cloudy at the very top, I have the megs kit from my CLK so will do that no problem
-The clear plastic guard in front of the rear wheel arch is missing on one side, as a result there is alot of stone chipping. I might need to get this small section resprayed.
-Tyre Pressure Monitors is throwing an error, the batteries need replacing, or: get it disabled via STAR

Regarding the CL, I did take a look at them as I love the shape, overall however they are slightly dated compared to the CLS in my opinion + getting on a bit, the prefacelift ones are peanuts now. Still nice cars however but dont feel special enough somehow, cant put my finger on it.

Anyone know how to raise the voice of the Sat Nav woman? ive changed the options but I can still barly hear her.

Last edited:
Another thing.

Is it OK to fill with normal unleaded from time to time? the country petrol station I had to use yesterday didnt have Super? - didnt feel any more sluggish.

Interestingly, the petrol cap says "Unleaded only" where as my Dad's E240 V6 says 'Super-Unleaded only'

Anyone know how to raise the voice of the Sat Nav woman? ive changed the options but I can still barly hear her.

One way is to turn the radio volume up whilst she is speaking.

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks a treat!!

Let the modding begin!!

Seemed to make no difference, the stereo was on and I had it set to lower audio when announchments are made.

Congrats, very nice...........30mpg........give over:devil:

Seemed to make no difference, the stereo was on and I had it set to lower audio when announchments are made.

There is a setting to change the differential between audio and sat nav announcements. But as stated above the only way to increase the sat nav voice is to use the rotary volume knob whilst she's speaking. Easy way is to hit the Repeat announcement button (the one with the ear on it!)

The car will run fine on normal unleaded. IIRC the handbook states that as a minimum. I always use V-Power, the car seems to run more smoothly. Placebo effect? Possibly but as it's not significantly more per tank, I'm happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom