My CLS55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Press the button to make her repeat the announcement and adjust volume as she is speaking.

V8K engines do better, noticeably better, on super unleaded.

I can definitely feel it when I have to use normal unleaded .. it's as if the car has not been in training for a few weeks.

to all you 19" fans, size is not everything!

Thanks for the info!

Im going to run it on 2x Normal Unleaded per 1x Super Unleaded for the meanwhile and see how I get on.

I will have a go with the voice accouncements tonight :)

19" are a possibly in the future :D

I wouldn't mess up with the fuel, tbh. Just get the best one you can afford and stick to it. I believe Shell do some kind of rewards by sending you vouchers at the end of each month or something like that? Somebody here said it costs the same as regular unleaded in the end.

Another thing.

Is it OK to fill with normal unleaded from time to time? the country petrol station I had to use yesterday didnt have Super? - didnt feel any more sluggish.

Interestingly, the petrol cap says "Unleaded only" where as my Dad's E240 V6 says 'Super-Unleaded only'

Love the CLS, Very nice.

In your user manual AMG recommend Super Unladed only, 98ron.

It won't feel slugish if you just came from a 270 (No offence intended)

Thanks for the info!

Im going to run it on 2x Normal Unleaded per 1x Super Unleaded for the meanwhile and see how I get on.

I will have a go with the voice accouncements tonight :)

19" are a possibly in the future :D

As others have said, when she talks again, spin the volume button generously. You can always quiet her down with steering controls later.

Personally, I didn't know you could repeat her 'command'. You learn something new every day! What button does that?

19" are fine ride wise and they do look the best, I have 18`s for winter wheels and hardly notice ride quality get worse.

As for the tyre sensors the batteries are not replaceable, need to replace sensors or deactivate using STAR.

as for petrol, I always use super unleaded.

I just got a £10 voucher this month, through the Shell Drivers club. Double points on V-Power!

Oh, and 3 Cadbury cream eggs for £1 ;)

As others have said, when she talks again, spin the volume button generously. You can always quiet her down with steering controls later.

Personally, I didn't know you could repeat her 'command'. You learn something new every day! What button does that?

The leftmost button below the screen, with the ear symbol

Yep, button to the left of the mute button.

I agree with all the above, I always put super unleaded in sportsbikes and AMGs. The difference is noticeable.
Anything else gets whatever is cheapest.

Love the CLS, Very nice.

In your user manual AMG recommend Super Unladed only, 98ron.

It won't feel slugish if you just came from a 270 (No offence intended)

My user manual states 95RON minimum

Definitely with you there! 95 is the minimum one should use.

I just got a £10 voucher this month, through the Shell Drivers club. Double points on V-Power!

Oh, and 3 Cadbury cream eggs for £1 ;)

So question.....

Whilst driving which is faster to use, the tenners worth of fuel, or unwrapping those damn fiddly eggs:D

Congrats on the new car, Karl :thumb:

KillerHERTZ said:
My GF was in the car behind me on the trip back from the sellers (150 Miles) - both of us in the slow lane. She said around 15-20 cars slowed down to look at me as they passed by :D This evening, I was getting tail gated by some young yobbo in his Astra VXR, (fast enough car in its own right) until we got to some lights. As soon as they went Green I floored it, until he was a small speck in my RVM. a couple of miles later he caught up again as we were next to each other at another set of lights, I glanced over only to get a big thumps up from him. Thats a 1st! :D :D :D
Congrats Karl and welcome to the V8 club.....fun isn't it? The CLS looks gorgeous in black, although you'd definitely leave me in the dust in your AMG!! I know exactly what you mean about people feeling the need to constantly want to race and tailgate you. I get that a lot in the SL and have learnt to ignore it, give them a quick glance and think to myself 'whatever...am I bovverd' Erm, actually sometimes and I then gracefully plant my right foot, grin and leave them way behind. Enjoy it mate.....that's what it's all about

Last edited:
congrats I am liking it

Re-map it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom