My CLS55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very Nice Karl, will be watching for the updates on the work you will do it it.

Marcel-Anthony

Well done Karl, glad it worked out for you in the end.

Looking forward to the mods.
I've got a set of genuine black badges, best of both worlds then?

Congratulations Karl. Welcome to the Kompressor Club. Great choice.

Don't take any notice of Sean :ban: :rolleyes:

The wheels in V12's photo are the only wheels for the CLS.

Will you keep this a little longer than your previous cars ?

As Sean has said you now will be bitten by the AMG Bug :cool:

Think you'll find these are the only wheels for a CLS ;)

85631151.jpg

P30 brakes mean they get very dirty very quickly :eek:.

Voice navigation fixed thanks, I can hear her slightly stern posh voice now :D

love it.

im looking for one as we speak..

defo one of my ideal cars at the mo.. nothing from the new stables is appealing

Congrats Karl and welcome to the V8 club.....fun isn't it? The CLS looks gorgeous in black, although you'd definitely leave me in the dust in your AMG!! I know exactly what you mean about people feeling the need to constantly want to race and tailgate you. I get that a lot in the SL and have learnt to ignore it, give them a quick glance and think to myself 'whatever...am I bovverd' Erm, actually sometimes and I then gracefully plant my right foot, grin and leave them way behind. Enjoy it mate.....that's what it's all about

Maybe it's the way I drive like an old grandpa, no one has yet "challenged" me whilst driving in my CLS :dk: :D

Very nice Karl, and I'm sure she'll be looking even better after she's been with you for a while :thumb:

They are the only wheels for the CL as well :thumb:

I agree they are beautiful, but they are also heavy, quite a lot heavier than standard 18" AMGs that you have (all additional weight is unsprung weight) ... they will reduce your CLS's responsiveness and make it feel less nimble and agile.

Size is not everything ...

The CLS is a tank anyway...I guess that's why you have a Porsche.

How achievable do you think 30 MPG would be KH....??

I was just wondering how achievable it was if you were that way inclined, having the power is great but sometimes it is also nice just to take it easy and drive normally. Under those conditions, and if you hovered around the 60 mph mark, is it realistic to expect 30 mpg, or is it a bit of a mission to achieve....?

If I do a run to my folks across the country (120miles) I reckon I can get 30mpg as long as I resist the temptation to floor it. I know economy isnt the point of an AMG but its a goal I must complete :thumb:

It looks great Karl - very well done.

Tell me you're not going to debadge it :crazy:.

Also, CLS's are big cars and will carry 19" wheels with ease, helping the stance (IMO of course) :thumb:.

top choice Karl, now you will know what you have been missing (re the V8K power).

don't debadge it! mine came debadged from factory and I rebadged it, it looked too plain without the array of badges.

Looks really nice mate - will keep an eye out around the M11.

Seats look like they could do with some TLC from you but otherwise looks in really nice nick.

I have a Star Guard kit from MB which I used on the seats last night, although the creases still exist, it looks far better already with a smooth feel to them.

Congratulations Karl. Welcome to the Kompressor Club. Great choice.

Don't take any notice of Sean :ban: :rolleyes:

The wheels in V12's photo are the only wheels for the CLS.

Will you keep this a little longer than your previous cars ?

I had my W209 for just under 2 years, this I imagine will be longer :cool:

Almost a tunnel like cabin feel.

The only issue I have with this after a coupe, is the size of the doors. they are so narrow!

Well done Karl, glad it worked out for you in the end.

Looking forward to the mods.
I've got a set of genuine black badges, best of both worlds then?

Ill have a think on that, best of both worlds as you say :)

The CLS is a tank anyway

but a very powerful and suprisingly agile and nimble one able to hound and keep up with much lighter machines on many roads :)

The only issue I have with this after a coupe, is the size of the doors. they are so narrow!

the main problem is the overall aperture of the front door, as the CLS is much lower and the curve of the A pillar is more extreme than the 211

Congrats on the CLS55 AMG Karl!!!

Your summer looks FUN :)

I like the CLS a lot. Pace with grace and this certainly will have the pace! I'm also a big fan of black leather interiors but that's another story!

I agree they are beautiful, but they are also heavy, quite a lot heavier than standard 18" AMGs that you have (all additional weight is unsprung weight) ... they will reduce your CLS's responsiveness and make it feel less nimble and agile.

Size is not everything ...

The bigger brakes and wheels add about 5kg per corner - you'd be very hard pushed to tell the difference on a car that weighs close to 2 tonnes.

The LSD more than makes up for that anyway ;).

Congrats on the CLS Karl, as others have metioned I don't expect it to stay in one peice for long as you get to grips with the changes that are no doubt racing through your mind.

I,am up for a local pub meet sometimes as I am just down the road in Newmarket. I could even bring along (in the boot) a sample of the only wheels that should grace a CLS:D

Greg

One of the small jobs I needed to give the W219 in order for it to look its best was the UV/Sun damaged headlights.
Along the top edge of the lights they had become scratched & cloudy, with the excellent Meguiars headlight restoration kit I had left over from my CLK I had a go this evening:

Start by masking off all areas otherwise the splashes will get everywhere!

clshl6_zps2967b77b.jpg

Before:
clshl2_zps4cd4ed90.jpg

clshl1_zpsb7ee2f11.jpg

A few blobs of the cream:
clshl3_zps6da27314.jpg

After:
clshl4_zpse819259e.jpg

clshl7_zps4c82e7da.jpg

Impressive eh? :thumb:

You need a very high powered/fast drill otherwise it will take a very long time, it took me around 5mins per side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom