My highest ever MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vlad

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various Mercs come and go
Went to collect a car today and drove it back from Enfield to Reading (63 miles) around the M25, through roadworks, up the M40 and then across country. As I got in the car I zero'd the the MPG section on the fuel computer and off I went.

Got back to Reading and managed to achieve 65.3mpg, which is a personal best for me.....who needs a Prius?

I didn't go looking to max the MPG and the drive back involved all sorts of traffic conditions with longish sections of 75mph and a fair amount at 50mph through road works. The car in question had a six speed manual box and I tended to keep the revs at @ 2000rpm.

So what was the car...well I hang my head in shame it was a 2002 BMW 320D Compact with 89,000 miles on the clock.....not normally a big fan of BM's but the MPG this thing managed to achieve did impress me.

^ I reckon if my wifes B class Cdi was manual it would do that.

Leaving Annecy in France to head home, I managed 59mpg in hers and thats a 50 - 60 - 70 mph up and down hills...

Well impressed with it.

i've had 62.3mpg on my C220CDi auto - an '08 W204 (pre BE engine)!

I was amazed myself - a trip from manchester (almost at the M60) to my sis-in-laws in Blackpool - the engine was warm already and it did involve sitting on the motorway at a tad under 60mph which makes you afeel a bit of a liability, but it was a quiet time on the motorway and as I rolled off the M55, short trip on Preston new road to my sisters the trip-meter was sat at 46.7miles dist - 54mph ave speed - and a whopping - 62.3mpg!!

I do regularly get 53 - 56mpg on my work journeys - always motorway and even at "decent" motorway speeds it can return this - which I just think is amazing - in fact, it's the only thing making me keep the car - I don't think that a BMW 320d auto could return these figures.

Last edited:
I get 15-16mpg out of my SL600 and about 13-14mpg from the 450 SEL :eek:

Yours is mind blowing by comparison!

My best was a few years ago now in a 1.9CDTI Vectra:eek:
I wasn't hanging around either, check the average speed!

Last edited:
Over a 300 mile journey I once averaged 78mpg in my A2. The magical 80mpg still alludes me.

Not as good as the others, but my CLK320 mpg amazes me. As per Machtech, check out the average speed.

my goodness, it almost makes me want to change my car. .. er ..na!
lol. 19.8mpg Aver is my MPG in the Black (over 28K miles)

Best was 27.8mpg from Bristol to leeds.
Worst was 5.8mpg. . but by eck it was fun lol!
(No comment!)
:)

Not as good as the others, but my CLK320 mpg amazes me. As per Machtech, check out the average speed.

That's very impressive. I think I once got 34mpg out of my old CLK320, but that was doing 60mph for a couple of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom