• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My new toy.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
For some of you that don't know I used to do karting as a teenager and miss it terribly. I used to race with the current F1 points leader.:rock:

I have just accuired my new kart:D last friday:D

I am so happy to get back to motor sport as I have missed it so much over the past 10 years that I had to do somthing about it.

My plan is to cut down on the beers and concerntrate my efforts in winning races again. I need to add to my trophy collection.

See pics

Olly:thumb:

Attachments

• kart 001.JPG
    kart 001.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 497
  • kart 002.JPG
    kart 002.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 494
  • kart 003.JPG
    kart 003.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 493
Excellent! Sadly I can tick the required boxes without helmet,ribtec,boots,overalls and gloves .....

"....For the heavy the criteria will be any driver 35 years or older or the driver must weigh with helmet,ribtec,boots,overalls and gloves a minimum of 85kgs."

For some of you that don't know I used to do karting as a teenager and miss it terribly. I used to race with the current F1 points leader.:rock:

I have just accuired my new kart:D last friday:D

I am so happy to get back to motor sport as I have missed it so much over the past 10 years that I had to do somthing about it.

My plan is to cut down on the beers and concerntrate my efforts in winning races again. I need to add to my trophy collection.

See pics

Olly:thumb:[/QUOTE

Would I be right in assuming that you may know Dougie Bell as well then?

Nice one Ollie :thumb:

Please keep all extremities well within the kart, wouldn't want to loose any of those record breaking plug swapping digits :o:D:D

Now that is definitely a Boy's Toy!

Enjoy it! :thumb:

(Have we got a smilie for "jealous"?)

Dougie bell?

Rings one.

It averages around clay pigeon (kart circuit) 76MPH. Top speed of about 95MPH

http://www.claypigeonraceway.com/index.php?activepage=circuit.php

I had a classmate who was always karting. He karted every weekend. He used to get into trouble for never doing his homework. We used to laugh about it while having a sly smoke at breaktime. You see the teachers simply didnt get it, they didnt get why he enjoyed it and did it every weekend.
Anyway to cut a long story short, this classmate went on to do it professionally in fact he then went on to drive for reanault and now also presents 5th gear on telly.:D

Looks great fun. What's the spec of the kart you have?

Can I ask your age and weight....are you entering the seniors class?

Is there scope for steering geometry changes?

I've been following my mate in a MX5 for a few months now and am now bitten my the motor sport bug. This karting format certainly looks good fun and competitive.

Good luck.

Looks great fun. What's the spec of the kart you have?

Can I ask your age and weight....are you entering the seniors class?

Is there scope for steering geometry changes?

I've been following my mate in a MX5 for a few months now and am now bitten my the motor sport bug. This karting format certainly looks good fun and competitive.

Good luck.

I am 29. 13.5 stone> Cough (should I post up such intermate details now:D)

I am in the heavyweight class. Easykart has fixed camber/castor but you can change track.

I am 29. 13.5 stone> Cough (should I post up such intermate details now:D)

I am in the heavyweight class. Easykart has fixed camber/castor but you can change track.

I'm 34 and 70kg. What puts me off trying is that I'm just scared of being rubbish and slow ;) Maybe with lightweight karts I've found a format for me :)

I'd be very interested to hear of any valuable lessons you've learnt from karting as I'm sure they apply to other motor sport races.

Last w/e my mate had a tyre valve shear off whilst going wheel-to-wheel with someone. At work today an ex-karting colleague said short tyre valve were the norm.....if only we were told this before ;) Live and learn hey :)

Karting1 website has loads of help.

Driving a kart has a technique that is quite different to driving cars and is fantastic fun.

Its quite hard on the body with regards to your neck ribs and knees but its no real issue.

If you are rubbish and slow sell your kart and take up gardening but without trying you will never know. Easykart is probably one of the best karting classes out there atm. Very fair racing with reasonable costs. All motorsport is expensive but with EK its not that bad. Budget £300-£500 per meeting. Budget at least £500pa for engine re-builds (every 20 hours).

very nice toy well done ..and enjoy .....

Are we going to see PCS sponsorship stickers on your cart? :D

Are we going to see PCS sponsorship stickers on your cart? :D

a nice way to run a hobby as a business expense :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom