Need help please - tyre wall rating?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattk1

Car
SL63, C350 CDI & Ducati 1299 Panigale
Other than ringing a main dealer how do I find out the original tyre wall load rating for my car? I have had a quick search online, read all the old brochures I have, looked at all the service books etc etc
If any one can help I am after the rating for a 19" tyre, 275/35/19 to be exact, for my 2004 CL55.

Any help/info greatly appreciated :thumb:
Matt

Thanks, but I really want to know what the original spec is as they can be 100Y or 96Y.
Somewhere in the back of my (small) mind I recall them being 96Y, but as you've pointed out 100Y is more prefered now? Also not really sure if it makes much/any difference?

Thanks, Matt

I think the original LI for E55Ks was 93Y and usually I get 97Y these days.

I'd be surprised if a lighter CL needed a heavier LI...

I'll double check with MB in the morning - that should be an interesting telecon!

Matt

Hi John, interestingly Parkers state an E55K saloon is 60kg lighter than a CL55, 1835 kg vs 1895 kg, both 2004. Not sure how accurate that info is thou?

Matt

Bump

Anyone? Before I have to go to a main dealer and try my luck.

Matt

Hi John, interestingly Parkers state an E55K saloon is 60kg lighter than a CL55, 1835 kg vs 1895 kg, both 2004. Not sure how accurate that info is thou?

Matt

Parkers once had the BMW M3 (E46) down as doing 0-60 in 2.8s.

Suffice to say, I had to drop them a line to correct it or at least remove it...! They removed it.

I stand corrected on the weight then. A vert, possibly because of the roof and mechanism but a coupe based on a C class platform... surprised if heavier!

Probably your 96Y is correct then.

load rating should be on the sticker in the petrol flap

if not, definitely in the instruction manual

Thanks guys.
Main dealer tried to be helpful but ultimately failed.

Sorry John, I wasn't trying to correct you as such. I was intrigued and just wanted to find out for myself.
Also, I believe the W215 CL55 is not based on a C class platform but an S class platform & does not have a roof mechanism? It's just a big heavy car!
Manual lists nothing on load rating as 19" were not standard fitment, only available as an option. And for some reason my reg is not recognised on the tyre websites.
Going to have a look in the petrol cap later tonight.

Matt :thumb:

Thanks guys.
Main dealer tried to be helpful but ultimately failed.

Sorry John, I wasn't trying to correct you as such. I was intrigued and just wanted to find out for myself.
Also, I believe the W215 CL55 is not based on a C class platform but an S class platform & does not have a roof mechanism? It's just a big heavy car!
Manual lists nothing on load rating as 19" were not standard fitment, only available as an option. And for some reason my reg is not recognised on the tyre websites.
Going to have a look in the petrol cap later tonight.

Matt :thumb:

LOL! OK, I got that completely wrong then.

Every time I see your picture in your Avatar, I thought it was a CLK55 and have been reading CL as CLK... :rolleyes:

A CL55 is more than likely heavier.

Sorry mate!

:fail

In my defence, it has been exactly a year, this week, since a rather sad event for me so I don't think I am completely with it.

No need for the 'sorry' John.
Grab a coffee at the GTG? as I think I'm from the same area as you - schooled at Ravensbourne, lived 1/2m from Burton & Deakin in Hayes and spent many an evening in either The George or Pickhurst Tavern etc

Matt

No need for the 'sorry' John.
Grab a coffee at the GTG? as I think I'm from the same area as you - schooled at Ravensbourne, lived 1/2m from Burton & Deakin in Hayes and spent many an evening in either The George or Pickhurst Tavern etc

Matt

:thumb:

I come from there but haven't lived there for 20 years this month (strangely).

Used to frequent the George a lot, yes - how bizarre! Lots of other pubs too but that was my local.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom