Need help with identifying C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peppernick

Car
E500 Sport Coupe
Hello folks, it has been a long time. Relocated to Malaysia in 2010 and its time to get back into fast Merc. I've always loved a C63.

95% of AMGs in Malaysia are imported from the UK. I am hoping someone could let me know if this car has been CAT registered.

Engine no. WDD2040772F228880

Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 2008 Selangor

Mileage tampering is pretty common over here and it has 18,256 miles on the clock. Its a 2008 model with some performance pack upgrades (not the entire pack from factory, engine intake plenum is silver instead of matt grey), ie. 2 piece front rotors and a half alcantara steering wheel. Not sure if it has an LSD, sorry no test drive until deposit is paid ! (that's how it is in this part of the world!) Dealer here hasn't heard of the 'AMG Performance Pack' for the C63 :dk:

Overall, the car looks like a genuine 18k miler, passenger and rear seats all pristine. Likely driver only car, possibly enthusiast owned given the chosen upgrades.

Any information much appreciated!

Cheers :rock:

Last edited:
you do know that the road tax for a 6.3 litre engine in Malaysia will be exorbitant ...

From the datacard:

Identification number: WDD2040772F228880 7
Chassis
Sales designation: C 63 AMG
Order number: 0 8 537 37082
Delivery date: 24 07 2008
Paint code 1: 197U OBSIDIAN BLACK
Equipment: 205A LEATHER - BEIGE
Engine no.: 156985 60 036029
Transmission: 722907 01 946290
Engine
Engine no.: 156985 60 036029
Major assembly variant: A 156 010 12 00
SA code
197U OBSIDIAN BLACK
200A LEATHER
205A LEATHER - BEIGE
205B OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
220 PARKTRONIC SYSTEM (PTS)
241 FRONT SEAT LH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
249 INSIDE AND OUTSIDE MIRROR AUTOMATIC DIMMING
250 AMG DRIVER PACKAGE

MEMORY PACKAGE (DRIVER SEAT, STRG. COL., MIRROR)
283B
AIRBAGLABLE - ENGLISH
THROUGH-LOADING FEATURE
SIDEBAG IN REAR LEFT AND RIGHT
KNEE AIRBAG
PRESAFE
305B
HEAD UNIT LANGUAGE - BRITISH ENGLISH
335B INSTRUMENT CLUSTER/HU LANGUAGE - ENGLISH
RAIN SENSOR
LINGUATRONIC-ENGLICH(BRITISH)
ELECTRIC TILT/SLIDE SUNROOF IN GLASS VERSION
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 7-SPEED
TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
MECHANICAL LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
TIRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNER
OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR LH AND RH FOLDING
COMAND APS WITH DVD CHANGER
ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
AIR CONDITIONER
ELECTRIC WINDOW REGULATOR
5XXL
EUROPE
HEADLAMPS - CLEANING EQUIPMENT
CORNERING ILLUMINATION
HEADLAMP WITH ILS, LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
PRODUCT PROT.F.TRANSPORT VEH. W/O TIE-DOWN HOOKS
EMERGENCY SPARE TIRE (MINI SPARE)
TRIM PIECES - ALUMINUM
AMG STYLING PACKAGE-FRONT SPOILER, SIDE SKIRT
WHEEL COVERING FOR AMG 17-WHEELS (ONLY EXPORT)
19" AMG MULTI-SPOKE WHEELS W/ MIXED TIRES
809 AEJ 08/1
SIREN BRACKET FOR INCREASED THEFT PROTECTION
SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
INTERIOR SAFEGUARD
HIGHTEN THEFT PROTECTION
89V
SPEED- + LOADINDEX ZR19 XL+ZR19 XL
EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES
COC PAPER EURO 4 TECHNOLOGY W/O REG. CERT. PAR

MODEL SERIES 204
STEUERCODE FUER SERVICEINTERVALL 20000 KM

AMG PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
RIGHT-HAND STEERING
U18 AUTOMATIC CHILD SEAT RECOGNITATION (AKSE)
U26
FLOOR MATS - AMG
U37
FOGLAMP
U72 DVD PLAYER WITH REGIONAL CODE 2, EUROPE, JAPAN

Tony

Hello folks, it has been a long time. Relocated to Malaysia in 2010 and its time to get back into fast Merc. I've always loved a C63.

95% of AMGs in Malaysia are imported from the UK. I am hoping someone could let me know if this car has been CAT registered.

Engine no. WDD2040772F228880

Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 2008 Selangor

Mileage tampering is pretty common over here and it has 18,256 miles on the clock. Its a 2008 model with some performance pack upgrades (not the entire pack from factory, engine intake plenum is silver instead of matt grey), ie. 2 piece front rotors and a half alcantara steering wheel. Not sure if it has an LSD, sorry no test drive until deposit is paid ! (that's how it is in this part of the world!) Dealer here hasn't heard of the 'AMG Performance Pack' for the C63 :dk:

Overall, the car looks like a genuine 18k miler, passenger and rear seats all pristine. Likely driver only car, possibly enthusiast owned given the chosen upgrades.

Any information much appreciated!

Cheers :rock:

I am afraid I can't help you with your query but I am sure someone can otherwise you may have to do an online HP check.

I understand that Merc's are mega money in Malaysia and the price quoted on the link is £60k+. A friend of mine lives there and we were going to import Mercs and BMW's because even after the tax the profit was very good but due to the logistics we did not do it in the end that was a couple of years ago.

Might I suggest you import one yourself as it would be cheaper and I am sure you can get a reduction if it is your own personal car.

Hope you get it sorted either way.

Search for the difference between the Performance Pack and Performance Package Plus, that car may have the Performance Pack.

S

Ah .... thanks for the reply! Most helpful! :thumb:

Yup, I'm fully aware of the ownership and running cost; hence, I waited 3 years for the opportunity; but unfortunately, there's no way out of it unless you buy a Proton! Road tax for a 6.2L is RM 16,500 ( 3500 quid) a year ...... but fuel is dirt cheap :rock: ...... :D

Importing not an option, as the 'privilege' to import in the form of AP (Approved Permit) is only available to a selected few, mostly well connected car dealers or they are 'sold' to selected independents.

So it has the performance pack then :thumb:

Any way in getting the service record with the chassis no.?

If I know which MB dealer it originally came from, will try to get some info from them.

Cheers

Walk away from it if the service indicator says that.

I've seen all the C63s for sale and 99% of them look and feel dodgy. There is a 2010 model in Calcite White which looked rather genuine but poorly specced ...no COMAND, bluetooth, sunroof, memory seats .... so it's a no go.

Somewhere along the way, I stumbled across this little gem ..... I would think it's as rare as hen's teeth this part of the world, and in great condition. It's a 2009 C207 E500 Sport in Obsidian Black and Alpaca Grey leather. 11k miles and looks like dry use only in the UK (check out the pristine looking mufflers). Well specced and lovely engine. Not as raw as the AMG V8s but still awesomely potent.

So deposit down, picking up my new V8 in 2 weeks :banana: ...... feels great to be back with a Benz

Most grateful if anyone can get me the option list from the database. I am trying to determine if it has Distronic and the multimedia Interface options.

WDD2073722F008354

Cheers :cool:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 40
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 40
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 35