Need to change supercharger on CLK230K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjs_riley

I need to replace the supercharger on my 2001 W208 CLK230K.
I believe mine would be the evo M111 230k engine?

Can anyone tell me if the supercharger on the earlier 230K (pre 2000 W208 and W202 C-Classes) are the same as the one I have on my car ?
or the ones on the SLK230K ?
Need to know so I can source a good used unit on eBay.

Thanks in advance!

No earlier ones are different I'm afraid, earlier ones have a clutch system yours will be permantley running, and yes yours is classed as the 111 evo engine, early 203, and later clk and slk

whats wrong with it? I have an m111 engine in mine. by the way eaton sc m45 but there is a sticker on it showing the six digit eaton type nr

whats wrong with it? I have an m111 engine in mine. by the way eaton sc m45 but there is a sticker on it showing the six digit eaton type nr

Apparently its is spooling a lot later in the rev range (I only ever hear the supercharger whine ~ 5,000 rpm an later). I've been fighting a fuel consumption problem where 60L tank would only take me 380-400km MAX.
Changed out the MAF, O2 sensors, low end breather system and cats. No joy. So we're down to malfunctioning Supercharger and/or malfunctioning injectors.

I was also just told that the early W203 C200K also used the evo M111 engines. Would the C200K supercharger be the same as the CLK230K one (post 2000) ?

I had mine in pieces for maintenance.it cannot be broken.if its broken you notice it.only the bearings can go on it but the chance is noxt to nothing. you need a stardiag mate.that tells whats wrong

yes riley. I have the m111.955. with eaton m45 c200k

I don't think its "broken" per se.
However the internal rotors which are teflon(?) coated appear to have worn off. Thus the internal gap/fit isn't as tight and I think there is loss of pressure because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom