New AMG owner & enthusiast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies, Black Series.

I'm actually not too sure, if a more clued up AMG enthusiast would care to go into more detail?

I'm not aware of either, but MB do produce special editions now and again, hence my question.

The red calipers might mean it's a PP spec.

Regardless, it's a nice car.

I'm on my third black in a row and they are hard to keep clean, but shine like no other.

:thumb:

Nice car, and welcome! C63 owner here, and also from N.I. :)

Apologies, Black Series.

I'm actually not too sure, if a more clued up AMG enthusiast would care to go into more detail?

There are only a handful of Mercedes models that had Black Series version of them made.

SLK
CLK
C
SL

Black Series are always 2 door models and hardtops, never convertibles.

However, it wouldn't surprise me Mercedes strays from this tradition and we start seeing Black Series' of every model, with tiny engines :doh:

Not sure about any Black Editions.
This may well be the case.

Apologies, Black Series.

There's no such thing as a Black Series E63. It's an oxymoron as Black Series cars are all roadsters and coupes aimed at circuit use.

You can read more about them here.

PS: If you have a badge on the back of your car that says Black Series from when you bought the car, it's a wishful thinking by the previous owner.

... If you have a badge on the back of your car that says Black Series from when you bought the car, it's a wishful thinking by the previous owner.

I can see a glimpse of what may be a black series badge..

Attachments

• E63.jpg
    E63.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 73
The spec for the car will say if its PP or PPP but certainly won't be Black Series!

Last edited:
Excellent car. Welcome!

Get an LSD sharpish. That's the best upgrade by far for anything with the M156 motor!

As has been said, your E63 isn't restricted by the throttle, so no point mapping until you have long tube headers. Big gains then.

Excellent car. Welcome!

Get an LSD sharpish. That's the best upgrade by far for anything with the M156 motor!

As has been said, your E63 isn't restricted by the throttle, so no point mapping until you have long tube headers. Big gains then.
LSD good on the M157 as well :)

To be honest when purchasing the Black Series badge is not something I noticed nor reflected in the cost of the car.
c32k - Nice to meet you, will hopefully catch up with you on a meet sometime during the summer for a chat. I was speaking to David from TT and he mentioned the cat bypass and remap along with the throttle adjustment.

Car is still under warranty so I am hesitant about doing too much.

Weather was good over the weekend and managed to get out and around some nice scenic view points and mountain roads.

Photo doesn't do the view justice, each time I step into it I am taken aback by the level of engineering put into these cars. Beautiful to drive!

Attachments

• IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom