New C class - what do you get from the dealer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I
Any gimmicks like that from MB? Or do is the car the main attraction, as it should be ?

Varies.

Our cars were used. Wife's car came with full tank and a very courteous handover process.

My car came with an umbrella, key rings, and my wife spotted a model SLK in the display case and they cheerfully gave her one of those. Full tank of petrol. And a reasonable amount of time spent on the handover to make sure I was happy - despite the fact that I turned up late.

V. Impressed with MB dealerships on both occasions.

Well I've just picked up my C250. And I got?

The car. And nothing else.

Ah well. I guess thats what I wanted in the first place anyway lol.

They don't do anything the help themselves, do they?

If you'd bought an A or B Class they'd probably not bother to speak to you. :)

Well I've just picked up my C250. And I got?

Ah well. I guess thats what I wanted in the first place anyway lol.

Same for me - but more than happy with the deal and the car. Just had the UMI fitted (iPod and Sat Nav integrated with the Audio 20 colour screen) which completes the car nicely.

:D

A full tank of petrol would always be nice these days , how much fuel do they give you in a new car these days ?

Mercedes Milton keynes - keyring and a car thats needed several visits back! inc one planned next week, hopefully for the last time.

A full tank of petrol would always be nice these days , how much fuel do they give you in a new car these days ?
-A full tank.
But the quantity varies depending on the car.
-This is part of the OTR cost, so is not a freebie (I know there is no such thing anyway)

If you'd bought an A or B Class they'd probably not bother to speak to you. :)
MB Cambridge gave us a generally good experience over our B class :)

Last edited:
you get ripped off
lol.

got nothing, nada, zip, zero, nilch, nowt when i picked up my new car a few weeks ago. TBH i didnt expect anything.

Well I consider anyone who managed to get a car lucky. I can't get anything from my local dealerships. I was looking to get a new W212 E class but after 2 visits to the dealership and two different salesman neither has got back to me over a test drive or anything. Not that it's a Mercedes only problem because I had the exact same problem with BMW. Neither was as bad as Audi though where literally the entire sales team were sitting round one desk laughing with each other without even acknowledging my existence.

As far as I’m concerned all these places have lost my business. I’m going to try my luck with a VW Phaeton this weekend and hopefully get somewhere this time. If not looks like i'll be stuck with my current car for a while longer.

If you don't ask, then you generally don't get anything!
One has to be a bit pushy even for basics like a keyring or brolly etc...

If you don't ask, then you generally don't get anything!
One has to be a bit pushy even for basics like a keyring or brolly etc...

I agree, but make sure it's the last card you play. Squeeze them on price first, and when you've hit bottom then start on mats/flaps/fuel, and only when you think you've got nothing else to squeeze go for the branded merchandise.

You get the last little nicety, and the salesperson knows that you're about to sign if they can keep you sweet - you don't try to negotiate into the deal keyrings and cuddly giraffes unles you're very,very serious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom