New Member With a Old Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woody m3evo

Car
Mercedes 250 W114
Hi everyone, thought I would say hello as ive just joined up & been looking for a good Mercedes forum for a while. :thumb:

So here is my 1969 Mercedes-Benz 250 W114 that was imported on to the UK in 1972 hence the number plate.

Lots of plans including full paint job, white walls for the standard wheels, a set of split rims for shows & air ride.

All comments are welcome.

Thanks Ian

Welcome, I like the colour scheme, good luck with it, and keep us up to date with progress.

I had a 114 280e years ago was always impressed that a 2.8 merc would always out perform a 3 litre ford, especially from the lights, pull the auto box down to first and floor it, when it changed up to second it never stopped pulling, no clonky/lag gear change it just kept accelerating. great car

Welcome to the forum. Love the older models like yours and look forward to following your modifications.

woody m3evo said:
Hi everyone, thought I would say hello as ive just joined up & been looking for a good Mercedes forum for a while. :thumb: So here is my 1969 Mercedes-Benz 250 W114 that was imported on to the UK in 1972 hence the number plate. http://s439.photobucket.com/user/villa1979/media/Merc W114/imagejpg3.jpg.html Lots of plans including full paint job, white walls for the standard wheels, a set of split rims for shows & air ride. All comments are welcome. Thanks Ian

Loving the sound of this... Keep us updated, what's the time frame on your build?

Welcome... Looks an interesting project.

Thanks mate. :D

Welcome, I like the colour scheme, good luck with it, and keep us up to date with progress.

Thanks & I'm going to start a journal for it tonight. ;)

I had a 114 280e years ago was always impressed that a 2.8 merc would always out perform a 3 litre ford, especially from the lights, pull the auto box down to first and floor it, when it changed up to second it never stopped pulling, no clonky/lag gear change it just kept accelerating. great car

Sounds awesome mate. :thumb:

Welcome to the forum. Love the older models like yours and look forward to following your modifications.

Cheers mate. :D

Hi from the Isle of Wight.
Nice looking car, welcome

Thanks mate. :D

Loving the sound of this... Keep us updated, what's the time frame on your build?

Thanks & as soon as to be honest, hopefully all done over the winter. :thumb:

woody m3evo said:
Thanks & as soon as to be honest, hopefully all done over the winter. :thumb:

Blimey! Quick work there then, so you're going for the stanced approach then? Who's airbag system will you be using?

Blimey! Quick work there then, so you're going for the stanced approach then? Who's airbag system will you be using?

Yeah hopefully mate, want to keep it as original as I can just with some lows for some shows, Airlift V2 kit im sort of swaying to at the moment.

I want your car.
And once pimped I will want it again.

Welcome and keep telling the story ....

Nice old school Merc.
I wanted one of these for years but when I had a test drive back in the 80's found lots of rust inside the boot which put me off at the time and bought a BMW instead. But it was my first ever drive in a Mercedes and it felt very special indeed.
Years later I purchased a W124 320 coupe as I never forgot how it felt to drive a Merc.
Good luck with the project, think fitting Air suspension would not be worth the expense.

I want your car.
And once pimped I will want it again.

Welcome and keep telling the story ....

Thanks mate & the story now continues in the members ride section. :thumb:

Nice old school Merc.
I wanted one of these for years but when I had a test drive back in the 80's found lots of rust inside the boot which put me off at the time and bought a BMW instead. But it was my first ever drive in a Mercedes and it felt very special indeed.
Years later I purchased a W124 320 coupe as I never forgot how it felt to drive a Merc.
Good luck with the project, think fitting Air suspension would not be worth the expense.

Sounds the same mate & this one also needs a lot of work, thank yeah it is a expensive part but I think it needs it. :D

That is an excellent colour choice.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Cheers mate.

What a great looking car. Looking forward to your progress reports.....and welcome to the forum.

Thanks & thanks for all the welcomes. :D

Not sure why but don't seem to get any comments on my other updates so thought I would add them here also. ;)

First small update.

Fitted some new plates that tie in with the cars era a bit better.

Also had a clean up inside & added a few of my retro touches from my e21.

Very nice.

There are no responses on the other thread as it is not possible to reply on the Gallery section of the forum.

Welcome - the members gallery where you posted about the car doesn't allow other people to comment!

I shall follow with interest as I am restoring a W114 250 Coupe with a red interior at the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom