• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

deian

Car
'01 W203 C200K Auto Estate
Hi all,

I'm new here, and looking to buy a Merc at some point, I'm a massive fan of most cars, I am already a Citroen and BMW enthusiast having owned many of each, and therefore I am cool with the whole forum way of learning and sharing.
Not sure which Merc to go for, looking to start with the W202, diesel, auto, estate? So close to buying an E class estate last year, u know the 7 seater ones, but it's massive, ended up buying a BMW E34, I reckon the Merc diesel would have been better. Anyway, I'm quite clued up on cars, just not specifically on the Merc way yet, so bare with me.
BTW, I'm an undergrad student doing Mechatronics and Robotics, so hopefully this will help me along the way.

Thats all for now,
Deian

deian said:
Hi all,

I'm new here, and looking to buy a Merc at some point, I'm a massive fan of most cars, I am already a Citroen and BMW enthusiast having owned many of each, and therefore I am cool with the whole forum way of learning and sharing.
Not sure which Merc to go for, looking to start with the W202, diesel, auto, estate? So close to buying an E class estate last year, u know the 7 seater ones, but it's massive, ended up buying a BMW E34, I reckon the Merc diesel would have been better. Anyway, I'm quite clued up on cars, just not specifically on the Merc way yet, so bare with me.
BTW, I'm an undergrad student doing Mechatronics and Robotics, so hopefully this will help me along the way.

Thats all for now,
Deian

Welcome on board Deian,and my advice is any Merc under 5 years old
would be ok.Apart from A or B class

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Deian.

Hello and Welcome from me too :thumb:

Hi,welcome to the forum:thumb:

Welcome on board Deian,and my advice is any Merc under 5 years old
would be ok.Apart from A or B class

Hi, thanks for the welcome people.

As for buying one under 5 years old, I wish I could afford one. And to be honest, I do love to keep older cars running, I can't stop tinkering, my philosophy for buying older cars is, if it's still running nicely over 150k then it's good to go, cars of that mileage are often out of warranty and we all know that cars that are just out of warranty their parts fail all at once, so there's a high chance any major parts have been replaced and any design faults/quirks been rectified on cars over 8 years old.

If I had the cash to buy a merc under 5 years old I would. Quite fond of the old 190E, but my wife would shoot me, unless she'd go with it and like it eventually. But realistically I'll opt for the W202 to start off with.

See you all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom