New TomTom Go hardware

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am gobsmacked. Unbelievably good news. Bluetooth and full postcode routing at last! Going to make the competition look like complete rubbish.

Anyone want to buy a current model TTG cheap? I am definitely getting one of the new monsters.

"Big Ticket" items are:

New Maps
Full Postcode search
Customisable route calculation
Toll / Congestion Zone warnings
Itinerary Planning
Support for docking station
On screen compass
Configurable Status bar

Download Extras
The Download Extras section of the TomTom Plus service allows you to Download Maps, POIs Product Updates, Voices, and Map Colours.
The Map Download allows you to get a specific City Map from the server. You can either download your city prior to your journey, or via GPRS when you are there. This could well be the answer to your vacation questions. Use the Major Roads of Europe to get there then download your destination map. Time will tell what the coverage is like.
TomTom Plus also provides a download POI facility. Interestingly they are providing "a comprehensive database of TomTom verified safety camera sites" will this rival the original PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera database? We will have to wait and see.

TomTom Weather
TomTom Plus now includes a weather report. This could help you avoid driving in potentially dangerous conditions. My wife is always worried about the weather, I don't really know why? As far as I am concerned: If my head gets wet it is raining!

TomTom Traffic
The final part of TomTom Plus, and arguably the most useful, is TomTom Traffic. Available in 11 countries throughout Europe TomTom Traffic monitors the traffic reports and analyses potential delays.
There are options available within TomTom Traffic to produce a route that minimises any traffic delay.

:eek: TTG700 now includes a 2.5GB HDD!? :cool: and bluetooth, I wonder how much this baby is going to cost. Do we think the model numbers are a fairly rough guide to how much the units will cost? :rolleyes:

S.

The upgrade will be a download in April some time I think.

That's how I read it. Bluetooth etc will be a diff piece of kit - but the new postcode functions etc should just be on a software download. Presume they'll tell us what size memory we're gonna need too :rolleyes:

PJH said:
Some places are still advertising the original TTG for £499.99p :crazy:

Yep. I'm glad I didnt buy the original in the flurry of orders that Dixons had at ~£350 recently. I reckon the 500 is the one to get as I doubt the lifetime of a hard disk in a car versus a decent sized memory stick myself.

Looks like the new hardware/updates won't be available until July. :(

I was travelling last week and noticed that in Airports Dixons are doing TomTom Go for £365 and if you want all the maps of Europe (in detail) you can get these at the same time for an additional £90.

This would seem like the best deal I have seen, anyone found it cheaper?

I guess this is the old model however not the new 300, 500 or 700.

TTG Map updates

You can order Tom Tom Go map updates from TT website.
Cost = EUR 79.00

Last edited:
Who's going for what then?

I'm thinking TTG500. I like the idea of Assisted Satellite Navigation, faster processor & bigger memory, not bothered about bluetooth and a remote control though.

Now just got to wait a few more days until it's released, then try and find the best deal.

I got the 300 for family car - very pleased, didn't want the bluetooth/phone kit etc etc. Does a good job.

I have TT3 on a decent spec IPAQ in my car and the TTG300 is quicker at plotting by far. Not sure you need the 500 or 700 unless you want the phone options.

Paid £339 from Maplins inc £30 voucher offer - got a nice certificate telling me I was number 70 out of the first batch of 100 :p

Thanks OGiii, just ordered a 500 from Maplins £439.99 with the voucher discount.

They are bringing out a bike one too :)

slimline and waterproof with a blootooth earpiece for the crash helmet.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-rider.php

tomtom-rider-screen.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom