Nice Cotswold Road Trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevesey

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa 156 1.8TS
25th Wedding Anniversary today, so took the day off and went for a jaunt around the Cotswolds (honeymooned in Bibury). Not many people about because of the weather, however we managed to be driving or having lunch during the rain.

With no one around Cirencester -> Bibury, Bibury -> Stow/Bourton and then back to Cirencester provided some nice driving. Not many great views, but nice wide roads and sweeping bends.

P.S Can reccomend the Dial House Hotel in Bourton, slightly tucked back and only a little more expensive than the tourist resturants and pubs - limited, but very nice, lunch menu. Also they have a car park (so that saves a few £s).

Cool - great to see a thread about what we're about - getting in our cars and getting out enjoying them. :bannana:

My folks live right by Stow, I can be seen driving along the A429 very often :)

Dangerous road though IMO, loads of ******s always trying to overtake you on.

Yes the 429 isn't the best bit or road - straights are too long on the stow -> cirencester stretch. Good for getting from A -> B quickly, but not very interesting, was tempted to engage CC on one of the long ones. Decided against in case I forgot when I arrived at the end!! Other legs of the trip (A424 in particular) were better.

We nearly went to the Dial House last night, because it was our anniversary yesterday :)

Didn't in the end, as Mrs Doofus was on a plane at 6 this morning.

Can heartily recommend it (although it's not cheap), and also The Swan at Bibury (slightly cheaper)

I would seriously avoid the main tourist traps like Lygon Arms and Cotswold House hotel - overpriced shyate, but then you probably already knew that!

S

Yes the 429 isn't the best bit or road - straights are too long on the stow -> cirencester stretch. Good for getting from A -> B quickly, but not very interesting, was tempted to engage CC on one of the long ones. Decided against in case I forgot when I arrived at the end!! Other legs of the trip (A424 in particular) were better.

Blame the Romans............:D

Always looking on the bright side... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom