• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Nikon IT– AKA Muppet’s at large

MikeL

Car
Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Have had a Nikon web account for a number of years – used this to register equipment and for firmware downloads.

Tried to login today, no joy…..

The history:

1) Account initially set up, standard username (by default an e-mail address) & password.
2) Change username to other than e-mail
3) Success (for a number of years)
4) Nikon in their “wisdom” now insist that usernames have to be e-mail addresses……not new accounts, existing accounts

So – I can’t login because username is no longer an e-mail address. And this is the kicker, I can’t have Customer Services change details because they have been told not to, presumably by the same team that devised the whole mess.

I can set up a new account (although why should I!). But of course kit is registered to the still active but un-accessible account.

Nice one Nikon. :crazy:

Last edited:
I find it irritating that whenever I want to do anything online there is a requirement for some sort of sign on and password. Nowadays I do my best to say no and that includes Nikon.

I find it irritating that whenever I want to do anything online there is a requirement for some sort of sign on and password. Nowadays I do my best to say no and that includes Nikon.

Agree, but when you need firmwares.......:(
Another pest is trying to find an unused username - this name has been used, please try again aghhhhh.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom