Nokia N8 with BT SAPv2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Dent Guy

Car
C220 CDi SportCoupe SE, Evolution, Panoramic, 2004 facelift, AMG Kit, Superchips Re-Map
Hi guys - wonder if you can help.

I have a SAP v2 bluetooth puck working with my nokia 5800xpress touch screen and have always had nokia phones as they all seem to pair fine and work properly...... also liked that it uses the cars own ariel for what i assume is better reception.

However, i just upgraded to the new Nokia N8 touch screen (the forum wont let me search for just "N8" for some reason).

Having trouble connecting... can anyone confirm if a nokia N8 works with the car system? Car is 2004 but has the later fibre optic pre-phone.

Or do i need a Viseeo - if so can anyone confirm it definately works with an N8 ?

Many thanks

There is a firmware update for the SAP-V2 - but I don't know whether it will help with your issue. It needs Star Diagnosis and an expensive test adapter to install it.

Comand Online can do, but often easiest to visit the local MB dealer and have them do it

Cheers

Richard

Cheers Richard....

Do you know if any of the viseeo units work with the N8?

Might be easier all round to just buy one if it does work.... and sell the SAPv2

Cheers

I would expect the MB-2 to work and the Mercedes HFP (2nd generation). The official Mercedes answer is that the SAP-V3 has been tested with the N8.

Contact Comand online - they can do you a good deal on a returned SAP-V3 ..

The SAP uses the car's external antenna, which is a great benfit..

Richard

Cheers for that Richard - i didn't know a V3 existed.

If Viseeo MB-2 is confirmed to work with the N8, i will have to weigh up which is better.... ie. the use of the external antenna with SAP v3 ... or, the ability to receive SMS texts and photo messages when connected via Viseeo MB-2.

One thing i found ever since i bought the V2 is whenever a text or photo is received whilst connected, the message symbol appears on the Audio20 and when disconnected i can access the message stored on the SIM (on the phone handset) but the sender details and the message is totally garbled.... thereby missing important messages.

Having trouble deciding

Hi guys - wonder if you can help.

I have a SAP v2 bluetooth puck working with my nokia 5800xpress touch screen and have always had nokia phones as they all seem to pair fine and work properly...... also liked that it uses the cars own ariel for what i assume is better reception.

However, i just upgraded to the new Nokia N8 touch screen (the forum wont let me search for just "N8" for some reason).

Having trouble connecting... can anyone confirm if a nokia N8 works with the car system? Car is 2004 but has the later fibre optic pre-phone.

Or do i need a Viseeo - if so can anyone confirm it definately works with an N8 ?

Many thanks

I don't have an N8 but some time ago we did some tests in my car (BT SAP V2 adapter) and it was working fine.

I think the feature we were testing was this security code that you have to enter in BT HF mode. Quite inconvenient when our company policy via Mail for Exchange activates the security code by force. Then you have to enter the code with a BT HF adapter if you want to place calls while the phone can stay in the pocket with a BT SAP adapter. A bit off topic though.

Are you sure you are connecting the phone correctly to the BT adapter, not with Comand? Quite some time I had to look at the manual to be able to complete the BT SAP pairing process.

Have an N8 and tried a SAP V2 device. It paired ok but would only sync SIM contacts. Not very good as the structure of SIM contacts is much less sophisticated than the way they are held in the phone’s memory and therefore something I wasn’t happy about.
I’m afraid I didn’t even try to make / receive calls so don’t know if that would have worked.
I am now using the latest MB HFP which works well.

Yeah - the V2 only reads the SIM contacts on my old phones too - always has done, which i didn't find too problematic.

Think i will give it another go after xmas and post back here with the results.

raymont... interesting you actually got it to pair.... VERY interesting - thanks for that post.

Have an N8 and tried a SAP V2 device. It paired ok but would only sync SIM contacts.

This sounds very strange. My older N97 mini syncs phone contacts. Could it be a sync profile setting? I thought the V2 adapter would read the phone book via BT PBAP and it would only read phone contacts? Perhaps it depends on the phone implementation.

This sounds very strange. My older N97 mini syncs phone contacts. Could it be a sync profile setting? I thought the V2 adapter would read the phone book via BT PBAP and it would only read phone contacts? Perhaps it depends on the phone implementation.

Syncs phone contacts perfectly using latest MB HFP so suspect it's nothing to do with any settings. Haven't changed anything on the phone between using the SAP and HFP devices.

Syncs phone contacts perfectly using latest MB HFP so suspect it's nothing to do with any settings. Haven't changed anything on the phone between using the SAP and HFP devices.

Are you sure you tried the V2 BT SAP device (or are there parts with different SW releases and different functionality)? My V1 BT SAP device did not support BT PBAP, I think.

Now that my current V2 downloads contacts from my phone (phone memory) and the BT HF part download phone contacts with N8, I cannot see why it would not do it with the V2 BT SAP device. :confused:

Nokia N8 with the SAPv2 - its official, IT WORKS !! + it downloads contacts from the sim card like it did with my nokia 5800

Thanks for everyones advice - i got the setup wrong, cos tried to do it from memory.

Nokia N8 with the SAPv2 - its official, IT WORKS !! + it downloads contacts from the sim card like it did with my nokia 5800

Thanks for everyones advice - i got the setup wrong, cos tried to do it from memory.

Good that it works but there should be a way to get contacts from the phone. I doubt any N8 owner would use the SIM card for their contacts.

Did you try to diall 0000 or perhaps there is a setting for the sync server at the phone?

Good that it works but there should be a way to get contacts from the phone. I doubt any N8 owner would use the SIM card for their contacts.

Did you try to diall 0000 or perhaps there is a setting for the sync server at the phone?

Think that only applies if you have comand - doesn't work with Audio20.

But, i could be wrong :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom