NOx - Understanding How Many Of Us

renfr0

Car
S212 Bluetec 2015
Same issue on my car - a 2015 S212 Bluetec. Engine light came on over the new year. Plugged in a code reader - P229F. Googling led me here and found an outstanding recall due on the Mercedes recall lookup site. Phoned my local dealer, they looked up the reg, confirmed the outstanding update and advised it would get “a software update and nox sensor replacement free of charge under the recall scheme” and booked it in.
Dropped it off this morning and picked up tonight, no payment and no mention of anything being waived.
For reference it’s a 15 plate on 62000 miles, no MBFSH, and I’ve never used the dealer chain before ( LSH Auto - Mercedes Manchester central).

Cheers for all the info on this site/thread!

Bri

Car
2008 Mercedes E220 est Sold ! 2011 E350 est Sold ! 2018 E220 est Premium package
I got a 2 year old s213 e220 just before Christmas, only had it for one day and guess what.........yellow light came on ( NOx sensor).
Luckily for me its a used approved so it was done under the 12 mouth warranty. Its only done 20,000 miles so hopping they last a bit longer as next time i will properly be paying myself :crazy::doh:

MikeArnold

Car
W205
I have a 2015 W205 which I bought secondhand (admittedly not from MB approved). Shortly after the warranty expired I got the engine light on and fault code P220162. MB dealer quoted £1200. MB, through the dealer, refused any good will replacement or contribution. Found an independent (with STAR) who replaced both NOx sensors and did the software change for £700. Also, dealer told me that the independent would use the wrong part numbers even though MB's own STAR system stated that the resolution was to use that particular part number. In addition, the independent gave me the STAR printout so I could see what was going on but MB dealer refused to provide any information on the diagnostic saying that the information was not for customers. Not at all impressed with MB dealer service (LSH Stockport).

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
This is one of the things putting me off changing my petrol CLS for a lightly used diesel E/GLC/GLE. Will follow this thread with interest.

Depends on your mileage & usage. For me, low annual mileage & fairy frequent city driving means a most definite no.

For the sake of saving £300 a year on fuel I'd be racking up the diesel repair costs which seems to come in units of £500.

My neighbour has a diesel transit. He's a builder so it's all short hops. Believe it or not, he actually drives it to Watford and back every single week purely to get the soot out of the DPF. Even then, he's still had to pay for 2 x DPF's out of his own pocket.

Nuts.

OP
OP
T5R+

T5R+

SUPPORTER
I have a 2015 W205 which I bought secondhand (admittedly not from MB approved). Shortly after the warranty expired I got the engine light on and fault code P220162. MB dealer quoted £1200. MB, through the dealer, refused any good will replacement or contribution. Found an independent (with STAR) who replaced both NOx sensors and did the software change for £700. Also, dealer told me that the independent would use the wrong part numbers even though MB's own STAR system stated that the resolution was to use that particular part number. In addition, the independent gave me the STAR printout so I could see what was going on but MB dealer refused to provide any information on the diagnostic saying that the information was not for customers. Not at all impressed with MB dealer service (LSH Stockport).

Stockport really are one of the worst in my experience since moving to the "Gin Palace".

These are the outfit that actually "fixed" my car but with zero update on cause and remedy.

Was it "Sam" that fixed your car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom