• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ODB2 reader causes "Mercedes Me services limited" error

omega1

Car
E400d 2019 4matic (C238)
Hi all,

If I connect (or leave connected) my ODB2 reader (generic Bluetooth adapter) it causes an error/warning on the dashboard quoting "Mercedes Me services limited" message on the dashboard.

It doesn't seem to cause any other issues, but wondered why this happens as I'd like to leave it connected to connect to an app I have (the app only reads, does not write).

In other cars I have been able to leave it connected with no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi all,

If I connect (or leave connected) my ODB2 reader (generic Bluetooth adapter) it causes an error/warning on the dashboard quoting "Mercedes Me services limited" message on the dashboard.

It doesn't seem to cause any other issues, but wondered why this happens as I'd like to leave it connected to connect to an app I have (the app only reads, does not write).

In other cars I have been able to leave it connected with no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Try a different type of Bluetooth ODBII reader? They're cheap enough. Most use the same ELM327 chip.

Good shout, I've ordered a different one off Amazon, will see if it behaves differently.

Device connected, no app running is it ok?
If the problem only happens when you're running your app or after running it, chances are it's what's it sending. You say you're only reading data, but the way OBD works it has to request the data, so the device is sending data.
I don't know how the mercedes me works, but if we're to use any of the diagnostic services when addressing other modules when there is another device sending overlapping requests, it may get upset.

Mu guess is that warning is there (possibly) in case anyone tried connecting the old Mercedes Me Adapter into the OBDII port.

Device connected, no app running is it ok?
Interestingly, with no app running it doesn't do it, Only when I open Torque does the error appear, so I guess it's not the adaptor itself, but something the app (Torque) does upsets it somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom