Oh Mercedes, You Are Such A Wicked Temptress....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good news indeed - I hope it goes well for you - definitely the right time (in market terms) to proceed in that area.
Thanks, I've got another business about to start up which means that I won't have all my eggs in one basket with the commercial vehicles.

Coupe yeah, but saloon??

I think I would get a nice CL if the other car is going to be practical.
Even though the car would be solely driven by me, I have three children so I would always need a 5 seater.

The wheels are a pain to clean, I'm about to have mine fully refurbished and will have to be more thorough cleaning them in future than I have been, the exhaust trims are easy though.

Lee

Chill out and enjoy your estate pal! Try to remember all the reasons you bought it.....wait a wee while to see how the new venture goes before throwing good money after bad, so to speak.

Lee

Chill out and enjoy your estate pal! Try to remember all the reasons you bought it.....wait a wee while to see how the new venture goes before throwing good money after bad, so to speak.
The thing is that I will need my own car, the estate would be redundant effectively because it is driven by the wife 90% of the time.

I do really like the car though, and I think that we will miss it once it does go (whenever that may be) because of its versatility; the boot is bigger than some vans, it's as quick as you like, it's deathly quiet on the motorway, there's 7 seats etc etc....

The wheels are a pain to clean, I'm about to have mine fully refurbished and will have to be more thorough cleaning them in future than I have been, the exhaust trims are easy though.
The cost of tyres, to an extent, doesn't bother me; I have strong contacts in tyres and I pay a lot less than retail.;)

The alloys do look a pain to clean, but I don't mind that, I'll appreciate them more after I've spent an hour on them...:eek:

You can see how I'm being made to think about it now, can't you mate? :rock:

Yes, and the roof is always a great feature to set it apart from most.

You buy a hatch when your 20/25.
Then you buy the coupe when your 25/30 as you can afford the insurance.
By 35/40 you have a family and need an estate for the mountain bikes and surf boards.
By the time you get to 45/50 you are back on your own, no kids at home, too fat for surfing and mountain bikes and so you buy the saloon.
You then hit 60 and are so bored of cars that you buy the Porsche, realise you are 30 years too late and sell it and by a 4x4.

)

So.....what do you drive? :D

Buy your wife the Disco/ML,scrap the CDI Sport idea and get an AMG is my advice.
I'll be covering maybe 15k a year in the car so it wouldn't be very good on the finances if I did that amount of mileage in an AMG, I'm afraid...:(

The cost of tyres, to an extent, doesn't bother me; I have strong contacts in tyres and I pay a lot less than retail.;)

The alloys do look a pain to clean, but I don't mind that, I'll appreciate them more after I've spent an hour on them...:eek:

ahem

is that an offer for some tyres then :)

Lol :) Lee:Just find the car you like and keep it mate instead of changing so much
If I'm being sensible, I'd be mad to get rid of the S211 really.

I don't think I'll be happy until I've got a stable of Mercedes cars that I want and need;
190e 2.3 16v
GL420 CDi
S212 E63 AMG
280SL Pagoda

Lee, you are a mercedes whore! That's all I have to say on the matter! :p

You know me all too well mate...:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom