• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Old Grunter Rant!

Unfortunately it's the way of the world. When running a business your own prejudices or non prejudices are irrelevant, you just have to pander to your customers prejudices and expectations. Right or wrong, it's just how it is if you want get paid.

So I think what your saying is, if they are covered in Tattoos and piercings or are Fat or Smoke, they wouldn't have lasted long, why? I'm not trying to start something here, just genuinely curious.
No....just my bad writing......what I was saying was that the ones that I took on, even with no tattoos would not have lasted long if they were not "good at there job, and are probably very pleasant to talk to". The point being that if you can find people just as good without the ink/metal they are more likely to be taken on....as in my case. Especially as most of my jobs are customer facing.......workshop and behind the scenes is a different story.

Again, it’s the perception of the older generation.

In 1997 (when I was 24) I had my hair shaved off to the skin for Cancer Research. Went from a proper full on mullet to a skin head. I liked it so much (much cooler temperature) I’ve kept it that way ever since.

EVERY time I see my 83 year old mum she comments on me looking like a ‘convict’ and a ‘rough un’. Such an old school attitude to have.

Again, it’s the perception of the older generation.

In 1997 (when I was 24) I had my hair shaved off to the skin for Cancer Research. Went from a proper full on mullet to a skin head. I liked it so much (much cooler temperature) I’ve kept it that way ever since.

EVERY time I see my 83 year old mum she comments on me looking like a ‘convict’ and a ‘rough un’. Such an old school attitude to have.
You had a mullet in 97!

Jesus man, I knew you behind the times up there but down our way mullets had gone by 86 and flat tops were coming in.

You had a mullet in 97!

Jesus man, I knew you behind the times up there but down our way mullets had gone by 86 and flat tops were coming in.
I was like a 90’s Rob Beckett. Teeth an all. 😁

Perception of course is everything. As I am in my 72nd year I must be in the Old Grunters category. Last week my wife and I went to Dorset for a few days break. We don't go to discos these days , or dress vastly different from other generations (we used to), we have merely morphed into Old People. We went to several eateries and left a tip for the staff at each one . I noticed several other people leave a tip , without exception they were all Old Grunters. We went out one evening , and walking through Bournemouth town noticed a number of groups of noisy ,apparently drunken people , without exception they were all young , some may have even had tattoos .;)

I hope you’re not suggesting that your young mum shouldn’t have an opinion just because it doesn’t align with yours!

Looking on the bright side, from April 1 (appropriate date) your daughter will be able to report these Old Grunters anonymously for hate crimes, and Police Scotland have said they will investigate all reports!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom