OM605 Chip Swap Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaddyEnglish86

Car
Mercedes W202 C250TD
Can someone run me through the chip swap process please. I've got the chips and sockets already. I now want to familiarise myself with the process before I pull the ECU out. Thanks

Surely someone here has done it?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Try the 'STD' forum, as a few on there have.
Thanks mate. I've already posted there. No response either. What do you have and what have you done?

I know a couple of people who've done this. Will see if I can help...
FB group message sent...

Last edited:
I know a couple of people who've done this. Will see if I can help...
Thank you. I just need to know which one goes where. There's two chips that look exactly the same. One has one dot, the other has two dots.

My friend who has done this, said:
"He needs to talk to sean treacy on the std group. They need soldering, not a novice job really".

My friend who has done this, said:
"He needs to talk to sean treacy on the std group. They need soldering, not a novice job really".
I actually bought them off Sean but I think he's away at the moment. I know how to solder and everything. I just need to know which way round they go. Thanks mate

If its a standard eeprom then its easy enough to get datasheet for the pinouts and orientation m8
Thanks for your help mate. He's put one dot on one and two on the other. I just need to know which way round they go. Surely someone here has done it. I still haven't had a single reply on STD. At least people are replying here. Thank you all

Get a magnifying glass and look at the chips and gimme the chip numbers. if u can show a picture of them on here aswell. I can tell u which way they will go. number on them will be something like....... 95P04 maybe..............

Thanks for your help mate. He's put one dot on one and two on the other. I just need to know which way round they go. Surely someone here has done it. I still haven't had a single reply on STD. At least people are replying here. Thank you all

Get a magnifying glass and look at the chips and gimme the chip numbers. if u can show a picture of them on here aswell. I can tell u which way they will go. number on them will be something like....... 95P04 maybe..............
Much appreciated mate. I'll send it to you later. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom