• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Parking Ding

OGiii

Car
W211 E200 K - they don't make em like they used to, which is why it's been replaced with a 911 :)
Park the car on a busy high street outside a pub with people outside having a lunch time drink, cam back 10 minutes later and............... needless to say no note on the windscreen, nothing :mad:
CIMG0234.JPG

CIMG0235.JPG

That is a fair old clout!! Typical though that no one bothered to come forward as a witness.

Sorry to hear\see your misfortune.

Regards,
John

Thanks John. It is a fair old ding, not like you wouldn't have known you'd done in.

indeed - one nasty dent there - not nice :(

Bad luck mate. Well it looks like Dentmaster can pull it out.

KLP 92 said:
Bad luck mate. Well it looks like Dentmaster can pull it out.

The dent is 'clean' but what you can't see in the picture are a few small chips and a couple of scrapes.

I'm going to get it in to a place in the morning who do the paintless repairs like Dentmaster but they also have some techy paint process that enables them to just paint 'areas' rather than painting full panels - I used them once before on a nasty dent on my wife's car door which they had to fill because it was on a crease. Overall they did a good job expacially considering her car has a pearlescent type effect.

I'll be there at 8am tomorrow as they're opening up, should have it back good as new by evening - I hope!

Sorry to see that mate - that sucks :(

It's hard to imagine that anyone could open a cer door hard enough to actually do that.

Sorry to hear of the damage.

:mad: :mad: :mad: This really annoys me that a person will do that and not own up to it. I happened to nudge a nearly new vectra a few months ago whilst reversing my van, I caught the bumper with the step on the back, I left a note with my number and paid for the guys bumper to be resprayed. I’m a great believer in what goes around comes around!!,,,I hate to say it, but that looks like its been done vindictively by a small minded jealous person, just because its a nice car.
Good luck with the repair mate.

OUCH! Sorry to see that mate... hope u get it looking back to its former glory very very soon!

:( sorry to see that.... i would definatly say that it was "kicked" or something in a jelous rage.... rather than a door or somthing hitting it.

hope u get it fixed soon, and hope the culprets get their cummupance at some point in the future.... :mad:

Thanks for your comments everybody.

What goes around comes around, hopefully with interest for the ****** who did this.

Well respect to the bodyshop, dropped it off at 9am picked it up at 5.30pm, all done. They said they couldn't do a paintless reapir becuase the wing is double skinned so they pulled it out as best as possiblem filled it and painted it.

£260 lighter but I am really pleased with the result, reserve judgement until I've cleaned in and seen it in bright sunlight.

I've just taken a couple of pics to post and it's odd because in the flesh the colour looks spot on but in the pics there appears to be a difference between the wing and the door :crazy:

Here are a couple of pics

CIMG0255.JPG

CIMG0256.JPG

CIMG0257.JPG

I am pleased that you are delighted with what I call a totally unnecessary repair. Did the badyshop comment on what caused the damage?

By the size of the damage it looked deliberate?

I feel for you and I would be spitting bullets.

Take care,
John

glojo said:
Did the badyshop comment on what caused the damage?

A 4x4 bumper John - maybe I should have a rant on the ML thread :D

OGiii said:
A 4x4 bumper John - maybe I should have a rant on the ML thread :D

:D If that was a bumper the vehicle must be on steroids, be careful how you 'rant' :D

Nice to see your humour is undamaged. Take care,
John

Ther's a definate shade difference between the rear 3/4 and the door.
But its silver, possibly the hardest colout to match. I would leave it as the only way you can really get around it is by painting the whole side.

Nic repair job - in the pics you can see a colour variation but had w enot known that teh rear 3/4 panel ha sben resprayed then one would just assum that it was teh lighting conditions.

How does the match look in person from all angles under normal light?

This morning it looked quite obvious so I called the garage and they said they'd come and have a look which they've just done. In the bright sun light it didn't look as bad but he did say that he could see a difference and there shouldn't be one.

Apparently in the Du Pont paint that they use there are 2 shades for Porsche (5 for Merc interestingly). They are going to take the car on Friday and do it again :bannana: using the other shade, they are sure it will be right!

The actual repair is fantastic, well impressed. I could have possibly lived with the shade variation on the nearside but being on the offside you look at it every time you go to the car.

OGiii said:
This morning it looked quite obvious so I called the garage and they said they'd come and have a look which they've just done. In the bright sun light it didn't look as bad but he did say that he could see a difference and there shouldn't be one.

Apparently in the Du Pont paint that they use there are 2 shades for Porsche (5 for Merc interestingly). They are going to take the car on Friday and do it again :bannana: using the other shade, they are sure it will be right!

The actual repair is fantastic, well impressed. I could have possibly lived with the shade variation on the nearside but being on the offside you look at it every time you go to the car.

It really annoys me when people don't have the bottle to own up to their mistakes :( Glad the repair is going smoothly though :D I hope the culprits wheels fall of :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom