Parking Sensors Slow to React (W204 C Class)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linko

I know the parking sensors are a "parking aid" and the driver is responsible for observing obstructions blah blah blah...

On my car the sensors seem to react slowly. I can pull in to a parking space come to full stop then a second or 2 later the LED's and buzzer respond.
Is that normal on Mercs?

Cheers,

Mark

I know the parking sensors are a "parking aid" and the driver is responsible for observing obstructions blah blah blah...

On my car the sensors seem to react slowly. I can pull in to a parking space come to full stop then a second or 2 later the LED's and buzzer respond.
Is that normal on Mercs?

Cheers,

Mark
do you light turn red when you come to a stop without nothing in front of you ?
If they do you have a sensor of 2 out .
To check turn ignition on without starting and get a friend to touch each sensor to find the faulty one .

They can be very slow to respond but that seems excessive.

When i reverse park there is no progresive audio sound. Just a frantic beep when i'm really close. Is this normal and can this be adjusted some how?

When i reverse park there is no progresive audio sound. Just a frantic beep when i'm really close. Is this normal and can this be adjusted some how?

Goodie ......Im no spanner monkey but mine is the same till it is close to an object wen the beeps start . Mine is a older 2003 model so might of changed . As for adjustment ......with STAR it may be possible but your local Indi should confirm :dk:

Goodie said:

I think it is a design feature - you are meant to use the lights to see how far you are from the obstacle, the audible warning is a last resort. Stops them constantly going off in traffic jams :) I have also found they leave much less of a margin for error than other marques' systems - on my old Mazda there was a fair bit of play once you got to the solid tone, and this is also true to a lesser extent in my wife's Audi.

Have never noticed any delayed response though.

All depends how fast you approach an obstacle. I found this out the hard way in my CLK :doh:. Now I only get close ever so slowly in my new C350.

After I picked up my car I was worried the parking sensors weren't working, coming from an Audi which gave beeps from some distance away, I emailed the dealer and this was his reply:

For the Parking sensors to register on red the car needs to be only 6 inches for first red light and 3 inches for second red light to warn you.

If this is not the case then there may be an issue with them please let me know

So it seems that you really have to be very close for anything to happen. I do notice that on start up and I go into reverse, whilst the comand screen is folding out I don't seem to get warnings

I've come from a Bmw where the beep is progresive but it never had visual display.
I guess its just a case of getting used to this parking aid ! :)

Thanks for your your posts and help on this

I've come from an Audi and prefer their system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom