• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Petrol flap not locking on CLK

SWY 666

Car
W221 350CDi
The petrol flap on the CLK cab is not locking at all.
When I put my ear close enough and press the lock/unlock on the key fob I can hear something clicking but the locking plunger does not operate.
Is access to this under the wheel arch? before I start pulling everything apart.

My C Class did this and a squirt of WD-40 on the bolt cured it, I hope that's all yours needs.

My C Class did this and a squirt of WD-40 on the bolt cured it, I hope that's all yours needs.

Thanks,
Unfortunately this didn`t work for me.
It seems as if the locking bolt is actually missing. I really need to get to it properly to see whats happening, or not happening as the case may be.
Anyone know how to gain access to the lock/actuator?

Access is usually via the boot, not the wheel arch. The trim will need to be removed inside the boot which in turn should give you access.

petrol flap not locking

This has happen on my car twice twice, during warranty, If you can hear the motor running the locking pin approximatly 3 inches long has probably just dislodged. There is a circular plastic disc that connects an aluminium pin to the shaft, this has a slot that the pin slides in, the pin falls out. On my car the dealership glued the pin in to the slot. The locking unit behind the carpet in the boot will have to be reassembled.

in my 200E I just needed to squirt a lot of WD40 and manually push the locking needle in and out ... since then it is working like a dream.
By the way the car is 20yo... so it might be a bit different in yours :-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom