Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think that the problem is the variance in service in the breaking industry. It is still seen by many as cheap source of parts form filthy yards run by stereotyped villains. The reality is that this is multi-million pound business that can and does provide a valid service. I now prefer to use people like 1st Choice Spares on-line as you avoid a lot of the donkey work of phoning around. Is it good? I believe so as it does offer a buffer between you and the breaker who wants to keep 1st choice happy.

Personally I have never known anybody who has been ripped off by Dronsfields but I know of many people who have bought second had "breaker" parts and then seemed disappointed that they arrived dirty or with obvious useage signs.

Dronsfields do offer warranty on certain parts and like I said it will depend on who you speak to as to the level of service you get. e.g. When I asked for A/C connector plugs for an A-Class the 1st guy said I would have to buy the entire loom, but did explain that if they cut them off they are left with an unsaleable loom. Fair enough. When I called back (having tried several other breaker with no luck) the 2nd guy I spoke to agreed to cut off the plugs and also asked how much spare wiring I wanted left on the ends for patching.

For that if nothing else I am happy to use them. But do try 1st Choice on-line it is hassle free.

I think that the problem is the variance in service in the breaking industry. It is still seen by many as cheap source of parts form filthy yards run by stereotyped villains. The reality is that this is multi-million pound business that can and does provide a valid service. I now prefer to use people like 1st Choice Spares on-line as you avoid a lot of the donkey work of phoning around. Is it good? I believe so as it does offer a buffer between you and the breaker who wants to keep 1st choice happy.

Personally I have never known anybody who has been ripped off by Dronsfields but I know of many people who have bought second had "breaker" parts and then seemed disappointed that they arrived dirty or with obvious useage signs.

Dronsfields do offer warranty on certain parts and like I said it will depend on who you speak to as to the level of service you get. e.g. When I asked for A/C connector plugs for an A-Class the 1st guy said I would have to buy the entire loom, but did explain that if they cut them off they are left with an unsaleable loom. Fair enough. When I called back (having tried several other breaker with no luck) the 2nd guy I spoke to agreed to cut off the plugs and also asked how much spare wiring I wanted left on the ends for patching.

For that if nothing else I am happy to use them. But do try 1st Choice on-line it is hassle free.

But what about the fun of lugging 25lbs of tools around a yard and searching for that essential yet elusive part in freezing temperatures ?? If you can find it then the sense of satisfaction is worth the skinned knuckles and mild hypothermia !!

yes this is how i find my parts from scrap yards and yes i find it very rewarding when the day comes when you find that part you needed for a while

Oh yes they excitement of hearing the car stacked above the one you are working on creak and groan as it wobbles around as it prepares itself to crush you. Or the thrill of lying down on a puddle to remove that part that will never work. Those were the days. Nope I now leave my excitement to the wonders of the internety thingy.

and as for spelling, i dont give a toss about it,
It shows...

Nick has answered you far more eloquently than I would have done. Who's the clown..?

It is called Clowne, and Damas the MB breaker is situated just outside Clowne, but they've been around for years and are not in the business of ripping anyone off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom