• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Prospective W211 Buyer

Thinking about audio etc, is there any simple way of integrating Bluetooth streaming & calls into a post-facelift car, or is the extra layout for COMAND worth it?

In the absence of any replies to this - there are two chaps on here - "Richard" and "Alfie". They are gurus when it comes to audio.

They are at www.commandonline.co.uk (spelt with two M's probably to avoid litigation).

They can advise on this kind of thing!

(My Merc is coming up to 12 years old this year so I am not in the best position to help!).

the number of operations of sbc.

Where was that exactly within Star and did it mention anything like "i_VZ2 ="?

In the absence of any replies to this - there are two chaps on here - "Richard" and "Alfie". They are gurus when it comes to audio.

They are at www.commandonline.co.uk (spelt with two M's probably to avoid litigation).

They can advise on this kind of thing!

(My Merc is coming up to 12 years old this year so I am not in the best position to help!). "i_VZ2 ="?

Thanks for the pointer. I've had a look, and apparently it's possible to retrofit the late Audio 20 unit (colour display, bluetooth etc all built in) for a lot less. As I'm not looking for Nav that might be the best bet for me.

On a side note, are there any insurance benefits in joining any specific clubs? Being my age means they like to charge me a good £890 for 10k miles a year, so any way to bring the total down would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jordan

I think joining the MBOC can attract some discount but I've never bothered with it personally.

That quote actually sounds quite good to me given your particulars... but it is worth shopping around.

Have you done the usual "Compare the Market" type sites as well as direct to places that aren't on there (like Direct Line)?

I'll take a look into it. It does seem odd to be able to insure an E for far less than a Mondeo, but I'm not going to complain! I've been running my quotes through comparison sites to see what's available, as I like to size up running costs before I buy.

I think once I have a car I'll be going direct to try things out, but otherwise it'll be through the comparison sites for now.

Thanks,

Jordan

It does seem odd to be able to insure an E for far less than a Mondeo, but I'm not going to complain!

It would have seemed odd to me at one time but I've learnt over the years that trying to apply logic to the insurance industry is a waste of time.

I hear you - I just can't figure it out. It's literally £200 more to insure than my mum's SEAT Mii. As a side question, what's the difference between an E280 and an E320?

Cheers. In terms of cost, it looks like the W220 S-Class might be cheaper, but I'm thinking there's a great deal more to go wrong with them. Am I right in thinking that?

I think the issue with the W220 is it isn't "their" finest hour at building cars. Massively complicated but built on a shoestring.

There must be some good ones around but I suspect finding one in good condition with a comprehensive history won't be easy. Bear in mind the newest you can get is 11 years old now.

You can be unlucky with anything but if you bought a post 2006 E without Airmatic, you can mitigate some of the eye-watering repair bills.

W221 would be better but still the potential to bankrupt a small country.

Bump @ guydewdney: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/2263156-post21.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom