• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

R129 SL60 Front suspension

Les

Car
1997 SL60
I am working up to a refresh over the winter of the front suspension of my '97 r1289 sl60.
It has standard suspension but at 74k I feel is getting a bit soft.

I have new Bilstien front struts and was going to replace all the bushes and strut tops. Havn't decided if uprated springs are in order - I quite like the existing ride hight.
I have seen on ebay many different makes of lower suspension arms with prices varying from ~ £100 to the original MB ones at £211 plus vat. Same with strut tops.
Question - does anybody have experience of the aftermarket makes and is any one better than the other?
The alternative I was considering was to refurbish existing and fit harder bushes.
Has anybody got experience of this - how much harder is ride and where can I find nylon bushes.

Thanks in advance appreciate any guidance/views

Les

The suspension should be quite soft by design. These are grand tourers rather than sports cars.

If you stick with Lemforder for the lower arems you should be fine. The bushes I would stick with genuine ones or you risk ruining the ride.

I'd stay original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom