Racing games 'breed' bad drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieter

Car
2009 Jaguar XF 3.0D 'S'
Hi,

It seems that playing racing computer games may make younger drivers more aggressive on the roads :eek: :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6457353.stm

I must admit to still playing racing games (MB World Racing :D ) every now and then but as an 'older' driver every time I (virtually) crash (it happens a lot ;) ) it makes me wince :eek: and reminds me how dangerous having a 'real' crash can be :eek: .

So which category do you fall in?

Younger: more aggressive
Older: less aggressive

Cheers

Correlation does not imply causation!

"They" used to say that violent games cause more violence in society but it turns out that people were murdered before the computer was ever invented! :rolleyes:

Correlation does not imply causation!

"They" used to say that violent games cause more violence in society but it turns out that people were murdered before the computer was ever invented! :rolleyes:
But now they can blame computer games.

I suppose my generation blames the red indians. That's because we played cowboys and indians. Oops sorry native Americans :eek: :eek:

I wonder who we can blame for road rage?

John the argumentative

I think that people should take more responsibility for their own actions and stop finding other things to blame!

Yes there will be more than one muppet who thinks virtual driving is the same as the real thing, but on the whole....?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom