Radar and Camera Detectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joe

Car
W203
Hi Everyone,
I have looked thru the postings dedicated to this subject, and was wondering what the verdict was on the various models.

I can purchase

Origin blue 1 (detector gps) £199.99+vat (£234.98)

Snooper radar detector sp815is £129.99+vat (£152.73)

Which seems cheaper than anywhere online (inc warranty etc)

Which one would you go for?

Regards
Joe :confused:

Have you considered the Road Angel ?

Several members on here (myself included) are using them , and we have nothing negative to say about them so far .... although the cost is slightly more than you are looking at - even with the club discount that is available. You get the added benefit of Laser Alert, and GPS output too, although these may not be features that you are looking for ?

Of the two that you are looking at, the GPS detector is more valuable and (accurate), IMO, than the radar detector.

S.

Originally posted by joe

Snooper radar detector sp815is £129.99+vat (£152.73)

Don't waste your money on the snooper. BEL or Valentine are the only ones worth having. There is a reason the snooper is so cheap.;)

http://www.radarexpress.com/

This is a local company. They are very good. We have bought a few things from them and not been disappointed.

also get info from here on the models
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/

I had a snooper 815 and stopped using after a few months, it just drove me mad as it bleeped all the time when going past shops or offices or even traffic lights and yet hardly gave any warning of speed camera's.

My best m8 has a Val one. Doesn't use it, too annoying. Even the best Radar detectors still false alarm. Nature of the beast.

Go GPS, go Road Angel, go see Jimmy!

Thanks for the advice and the links.
I am still unsure.............I would really like a navagation unit but can not justify the price, I am not a traveller and it would just be used for fun ( i really need to get out more...lol) but a radar/gps/camera detector would be useful.
Is there one that navagates and detects?
How much did the Road Angel work out at?

Thanks again for help.

Joe

PM Jimmy for details of Road Angel - he will provide all info. needed.

S.

well after ordering over 3 weeks ago finally got the new origin b2. installed in the wifes ml (she has 9 points).

sits in front of the ashtray on velcro, cables out the back, gps aerial on the dash near the pillar base.

i have to say very impressed with the ease of setup, database downloads. lots of features, spped limiter, direction of travle, no alarm if under the speed limit.

the only negatives i can see are the the time it takes to lock to sats, around 2 mins even when it can see 8.

and the voice is not very clear, but the beeps are nice and loud.

conclusion gps is the way to go.

price was £429 from origin web site.

i will try and get some done in the next few days

cheers

kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom