Recommend me an ADSL supplier (or tell me which to avoid)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think SKY overall offer the best service with speed and cost if you bundle it all together with their TV and phone package. Unfortunately I have the TV but am out of the area at the moment for the fast broadband service.

I went with BT and am very satisfied.. Fast speed 6.7Mbs on their 8MB. I'm on it all day as I work from home as an internet designer and have never been blocked. Good deals around aswell.

I got:

Bt home hub (option 3)
unlimited downloads
8Mb line
2 hub phones thrown in so free evening and weekend calls
2 wireless cards
free BT vision (enhanced freeview with live pause etc..)
free for the first 6 months...!!!
then £17.99 per month

Talk to their sales team and say you have been offered a great deal from sky... and what can they do for you. If you don't ask, you don't get..!

Presumably that's on top of other Sky services though i.e. you can't just have a 16 Mb internet connection for £10.

YEs you need to be in one of their areas and have tv too. Not phone though.

Sky will be offering this to non sky customers soon and rumour has it the icing on the cake is they are to offer to buy peoples retention contracts!

Im not overly keen on monoply situations, but tbh i get a crackin deal for internet, £5 a month for free phone calls, including Europe, USA, Aussie New Zealand etc 24/7; this ofsets the money I pay for mediocre TV services.

I'm also with Demon, have been for 15 years, in this time i can count on one hand how many times the network has gone down. I'm paying £24.99 home business 8 meg unlimited. Any time I've called the support desk in India, they will spend loads of time sorting any queries and not on a premium rate number.

UPDATE:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go with ADSL24 (www.adsl24.co.uk) in the end.

1 month contract, 8Mb/s max speed, Static IPs, no port throttling or bandwidth shaping, and 330Gb/month download allowance, for £19.99 a month, makes SB a happy chap :D

BTW Demon have recently dropped their 'home' unlimited 8Mb package to 17.99 a month ... I was able to 'upgrade' via their website to pick up the lower rate (was 19.99 previously).

i am with sky. no problem whatsoever .free base package if you have the t.v
Avoid tiscali

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom