Reflective strip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swl

I was walking on the pavement last night when I suddenly find 2 cyclists cycling towards me without any cycle lights. :eek: As it was raining and I was wearing a dark coloured jacket and carrying a black umbrella, they probably spotted me at the same time I saw them which was just a few feet away! At that moment, I realized what danger I was putting myself into.

Does anybody know where I can buy a reflective strip that I can put on/wear over my jacket and roughly the cost. I do not want it to be a permanent fixture on the jacket as I only need to use it once a month on dark nights when I walk to the youth centre where I help out.

Thanks.

swl

Amost any decent cycle shop or runners' sports shop will have various armbands and legbands that will attach using velcro. You can even get a small red LED on a dangly thing to hang off your belt / rucksack / briefcase / wrist etc.

Cyclists shouldn't be cycling on the pavement, especially without any lights! :(

nickmann said:
Amost any decent cycle shop or runners' sports shop will have various armbands and legbands that will attach using velcro. You can even get a small red LED on a dangly thing to hang off your belt / rucksack / briefcase / wrist etc.

Thanks, nickmann. It came to me this morning I can start by looking at Halfords.

will said:
Cyclists shouldn't be cycling on the pavement, especially without any lights!

I know. That's why I was so shocked to suddenly see these 2 cycles coming towards me from the dark.

If the cyclists had no lights then how would the reflective strip help?

You'd be better off wearing a bright ski type jacket and not carrying an umbrella so that you can see and hear oncomming traffic properly IMO.

Or a walking stick that you can jam through their spokes as they pass you :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom