Replaicing air con radiator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c200Kompressor

Car
Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-I and C200 kompressor
Hello! I have to change the air con radiator on my C200 kompressor from 1997. Is hard? Do I have to take the front bumper?

Nope, it's not all that hard. Bumper can stay where it is.

Just need to remove a few clips here and there, remove the cooling fans from the front etc and undo the pipework. It's all quite logical when you get into it.

It was several years ago when I did one on a '97 W202, but I didn't encounter any real problems.

You should also replace the receiver/drier unit. Remember new 'o' ring seals for the various fittings too :)

Will

1 Thanks! But way do i have to do this? My problem is the radiator that as a little hole...

Because the receiver/drier is a service item, they're cheap to buy and easy to fit. They draw moisture out of the (sealed) system. As your system has had a leak, it would be good practice to replace this as it'll likely be saturated with moisture now so it won't be working effectively which isn't good for your A/C system.

I expect it would cost around €50 or something like that?

Will

I expect it would cost around €50 or something like that?

Will
Just the receiver/drier? Plus 150€ for the radiator and 65€ for the recharge of the sytem!!!! :doh: :wallbash:

Yes - the receiver/drier is something like £30/40 over here (from memory when I bought one), so I'm guessing it would be about €50?

Will

Yes - the receiver/drier is something like £30/40 over here (from memory when I bought one), so I'm guessing it would be about €50?

Will
Thank's Will! This is the ANOTHER reason why i'm go to sold the peice of crap and go to buy another TOYOTA!!!

Thank's Will! This is the ANOTHER reason why i'm go to sold the peice of crap and go to buy another TOYOTA!!!

The receiver/drier unit is not specific to MB - I would imagine that even your Toyota would have one and would also require replacement should you have cause to work on the A/C system.

Japanese cars might be quite reliable but the parts always seem to be very expensive over here in Europe.

Will

Japanese cars might be quite reliable
I own 4 diferent jap cars. I never had the kind of problems that i have with VW and the Mercs... And buy the way: here in Portugal the parts as the same prices on Toyota and Mercedes (dearlship).

I own 4 diferent jap cars. I never had the kind of problems that i have with VW and the Mercs... And buy the way: here in Portugal the parts as the same prices on Toyota and Mercedes (dearlship).

It is VERY rare that the aircon systems on jap cars give any problems.

Merc condensers are notorouus for failing due to debris building up at the bottom and rotting them.

Just something that you have to live with I'm afraid :)

Replaced mine a while ago ( good diy on mb world or benzworld) tried to regass it initially and it was peppered with holes, new condensor rad from aaron radiatiors via the net, easyish to fit regass been fine since done 10 months ago.
Did it on my drive so not to hard:D

Lynall

Replaced mine a while ago ( good diy on mb world or benzworld) tried to regass it initially and it was peppered with holes, new condensor rad from aaron radiatiors via the net, easyish to fit regass been fine since done 10 months ago.
Did it on my drive so not to hard:D

Lynall
Sorry but i cant find anything... :doh:

Sorry to steal your thread, but along the same lines, my CLK is 10 years old. I recently got the air con recharged with Kwik Fit, but it only lasted a couple of days. They'll do a free recharge, but it's likely not worthwhile if something is leaking. Aaron Radiators can deliver one for £100 all in, but i've no way of confirming whether it is the condenser. For a car of that age, i take it £100 is a risk worth taking? i.e. betting against the old condenser as opposed to something else (which would take the services of someone other than me to determine!)

Cheers

Sorry to steal your thread, but along the same lines, my CLK is 10 years old. I recently got the air con recharged with Kwik Fit, but it only lasted a couple of days. They'll do a free recharge, but it's likely not worthwhile if something is leaking. Aaron Radiators can deliver one for £100 all in, but i've no way of confirming whether it is the condenser. For a car of that age, i take it £100 is a risk worth taking? i.e. betting against the old condenser as opposed to something else (which would take the services of someone other than me to determine!)

Cheers

No its not (in my opinion)!

Best to spend some money have a dye leak test done so you know what's wrong and what is needed to fix it.

No its not (in my opinion)!

Best to spend some money have a dye leak test done so you know what's wrong and what is needed to fix it.

Won't Kwik Fit do a dye leak test?

Won't Kwik Fit do a dye leak test?

No, they only offer the "fully automated" vac, vac leak test, refill service.

They don't offer anything in terms of diagnosis or repair.

Ok! Back to my post: dyi to remove the radiator?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom