Road pricing 'won't end congestion problems'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes - he sent it at 0200 in the morning if I remember right. Now that's commitment. :rolleyes:

You'd think he'd have someone else to do that sort of stuff for him :D

WHAT???

55 AMG for sale..

Mercedes make some of the most efficient engines in the world. The Ford Mondeo and its ilk are far worse for the environment than many other cars with bigger engines.

The AMG 55 engine is more fuel efficient than an awful lot of other cars. For instance many peugeots with piddly little engines are in the same tax bracket as my 320 CLK!

Its not all about engine size. Efficiency is the key.

One answer is to double the road tax on second cars in a household, triple on third etc, and have free travel (rail or bus) within 30 miles for everyone, or is Brown more concerned with raising revenues than green issues.

gary

hmm - generally - yes- but with me - I earn my living from driving (filming off the back of trucks) and my missus is in a wheel chair (adapted car)... we NEED two cars. minimum...

what about mr and mrs X - mrs x works 230 miles west of home, mr x works works 20 miles east of home - is it really sensible to make them have one car? no...

But the general rule is - yes - reduce the car ownership/household rate will help.

wrt richards comment wrt £10/gallon rate...

£10 of fuel in London = a lot of 'use' - ok a lot of it sat still (a waste) or moving slowly.

£10 of fuel here in darkest zomerset is a bloody long way - driving gently, and no waiting...

I feel that I would be suibsidising the london driver for my rural driving.

there shopuld be (an unworkable) system that works out the rate of the road (ie busy or not), speed, pollution, etc - and charges you the most for using the 'worst' roads - and - importantly, zero or very low fo only using quiet roads.

however - it has to be a dynamic system (on a minute by minute basis) to be able to understand that the M25 being empty and the Axxx being solid isnt right...

Suffice to say, its phenominally complex.

Anyone else receive the following email?
Yep, I got one.

Dear Ray,

I was sorry to see you have signed the petition against road pricing and would advise you to change your mind pretty damn quick. We need this in place to gather essential information about you as an individual and the black box in the car will enable us to see where and when you go anywhere and who you visit.
We also need the vast sums of money that will be raised through this system and the associated speed fines because through no fault of our own all the other revenue raised has been spent without anyone really knowing where it's gone.
We all know that if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide so I can only assume your signing this petition means you have some criminal intent and this of course needs further investigation.
Oh and dont forget we already know where you live so dont be surprised if Two Jags comes round to give you a left hook just to remind you who's really in charge here.

Yours very very sincerely

Tony B Liar

And always remember... YOUR OPINION COUNTS....... for nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom