Ross Brawn to leave mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Being offered a demotion was going to be a bitter pill to swallow.

Mclaren and Honda,will be donning their hunting caps if there is any truth to this story,but they may not appeal to Ross,an interesting situation.
Or RB could hire him for 5yrs call him Head honcho,and keep him away from the competition.

Last edited:
I just hope that's not the last we see of Brawn in an F1 team role.

If Mercedes engine for next year is not top notch (although I think it is) this could be a big mistake.

One of the most innovative thinkers in F1. Never afraid to try something new or to challenge the rules with his designs.

This could be a deal breaker for Mercedes in many ways. Lewis Hamilton is a huge supporter of Brawn as are many many others in the Pit Lane. Now would Ferrari have a punt?

Lotus ?

They are really over-performing against their perceived ability and seen to lack all the layers of Corporate Hoo-Ha.

Can't believe the shortsightedness, Brawn built the Mercedes team and now they have got a Wolfe and co in to reap the success, hopefully one of the big teams will snap him up, I doubt he would return to Ferrari but that would be great they could bin stefano out as he is failing miserably In his role.

He will go to a top paying team and no doubt make it more successful.

I wonder how Lewis feels about this, I expect Mercedes to drop back a bit now, unless they produce an exceptional car like the championship winning one before Mercedes took over.

On Sunday morning whilst watching the Indian GP with my other half, who it must be said is gradually becoming more interested in motorsport, we were debating the rumours about Ross Brawn leaving Mercedes.

We got on to who might replace him, and then the cameras showed Niki sitting in Mercedes garage.

“Hmmm…..” said SWMBO “….you’d have thought the Germans might have learnt their lesson about putting an Austrian in charge….”.

Priceless.

He will go to a top paying team and no doubt make it more successful.

I agree , I doubt he will be in the dole queue for long .

You would have thought Hamilton was going to go against team PR orders and say the Mercedes team will be rubbish and fall apart without Braun there.

or maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom