S/C pulley rivet question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
Hi all - car has had a EC 83mm installed for many years although whilst in for a recent service they pointed out that some of the rivets have warped/distorted. Been in touch with MSL who confirmed that these can go over time and to contact a local engineering company to have them replaced.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that might be able to do this? Searching online only brings up US threads or (Eaton) supercharger rebuild services..

They also noticed a slight misting of oil collecting under the front engine cover which my indy believes is coming from the pulley area. Not sure if this is related to the pulley or something separate.

Previous owner has kindly confirmed that the s/c oil was changed during his ownership (as I was going to get it done) so I'm a bit puzzled!

Thoughts/suggestions welcome 😀

Attachments

• sc.jpg
    sc.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Hi
Looking at the state of those rivets, I wouldn't be driving it at all, if that pulley lets go then it can cause massive damage.
The light misting you are seeing is most likely very fine dust from the pulley clutch mine gets very dirty in this area and under the cover.

Dust build up under the cover can often mean the belt is too tight or not running true. It can indicate the tensioner isn’t doing it’s job and puts pressure on the belt. Worth checking the belt condition (looks old / tired), the tensioner / pulley. The rivets definitely need replacing and a good eng firm can do this, but would also check for cracks on the plate and retaining clips. Might just be worth replacing it.

Thanks chaps - have asked a couple of companies about repairing it & will get the belts etc. checked 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom