S210 brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
So I need new pads... Question is OEM or something that would supposedly be an upgrade like EBC Redstuff/Yellowstuff etc.

I do find fade and judder when trying to repeatedly bring this behemoth to a stop during a "spirited" A-road drive and I like the idea of upgrading pads whilst they need doing anyway. I could always drive a bit slower but then why have a V8 if you don't use it?

Anyone tried anything other than OEM?

Thanks.

EBC stuff is good but they can cause brake judder when high speed braking. I would use OE discs and pads for your car.

So I need new pads... Question is OEM or something that would supposedly be an upgrade like EBC Redstuff/Yellowstuff etc.

I do find fade and judder when trying to repeatedly bring this behemoth to a stop during a "spirited" A-road drive and I like the idea of upgrading pads whilst they need doing anyway. I could always drive a bit slower but then why have a V8 if you don't use it?

Anyone tried anything other than OEM?

Thanks.

But will brake fade be improved by moving to something new. Brake fade is caused by the brake fluid heating up. This will still happen with different pads etc.

I've just replaced pads and discs (and springs) front and rear.
Used genuine MB parts ..... Which are not so expensive, really.
I've had one or two disasters in the past using aftermarket cheaper products.

thanks all, OEM it is then!

I have not got a V8 however I have a V6 in a smaller lighter vehicle (SLK). I also live on the Brecon Beacons which only have A roads. The roads are often bendy and can often produce unexpected animals in the road therefore, braking quite often is common.

I have not strayed away or been tempted to source alternative brakes finding the genuine manufacturers pads to be sufficient. I have only experianced brake fade on one occasion and in fairness it was during a track day which obviously can be expected from the top end of brake manufacturing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom