s211 e55k How many on the forum??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’d say on the other hand, estate cars are used more as work horses, lugging loads/buggies/shopping and families about etc. The saloons are more of an ‘executive express’

Perhaps as they get older the saloons attract a different crowd, ie tuning etc but that’s just a generalisation I suppose :)

I've had a washing machine and a tumble dryer in the back of mine to the tip
4 people, roof box and two bikes round europe twice
fine in the snow this weekend on its Yokohama winter tyres

Been down the modding route too,# smaller s/c pulley, remap, headers all done too so it also goes like the clappers and sounds like a 50s F1 car under load

I think the Standard alloy's do look alot better in Anthracite over Silver, It was something i was thinking of doing but one of mine were cracked so i bought a New set of non oe wheels,

Great looking car nickjonesn4 , and Wow what a lovely House pictured too. :)

Cheers, sadly its not looking quite as tidy now as been victim of a couple of anonymous parking scrapes. Edinburgh is a nightmare for it!

Even though its up for sale, still mine for now :)
s-small-jpg.84274

Really need to do some proper shots of it for sale and for memory !

Attachments

• s-small.jpg
    s-small.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 183
Looks a Cracker guyvert1, really does. :rock:

Keep them coming peeps getting quite a nice collection on this thread :)

Thanks merc85, the wagons do have a certain presence , I love the fact its hidden a 1st glance.

Yes I had a chap comment on mine outside my work, he said oh I love the wheels... and it’s even got uprated brakes, is it a 320 lol o_O:D

I managed to fit 2 chesterfield armchairs in the back of mine a few weeks ago. They fitted, just!

They have aged really well imho, I love the Rear 1/4 Angle when looking at them they look wide and purposeful, Lovely Brucy thankyou for the Pic :rock:

Any more s211 e55k's on the forum which are not in this thread? or have we exhausted supply?? lol, Seem's tobe quite a few for sale too atm

S211 E55 AMG Wagon

script>

Joined the club about a month ago, bought @guyvert1 's wagon. Very pleased so far, phenomenal car! As you all probably know it's a mega-specced machine , and it's decent miles for its age and very good condition. The odd niggle to sort but I'm planning to have it for a long time so plenty of time for that. Already had 2 brand new batteries, the back one was working but wasn't particular strong, so a couple colder starts and it was flagging the convenience functions message, which in turn was bringing the front one into the equation which was totally f**cked (9.4v) , which gave the red dash of doom. Both were '04 stamped batteries so probably not surprising. New Genuine MB one in the rear and a new Varta YTX-14BS in the front, both showing much better voltages and no warnings! Already have a good Optimate charger ready for the winter as I don't do loads of miles.

Also discovered a cracked intake hose so have replaced both of those, and next jobs are working out TPMS & Parktronic issues. Does anyone know if an iCarSoft MBII is good enough to pinpoint the faulty sensors on both systems?

Going to TRAX in a few weeks so hopefully may meet some other wagon owners!

(hopefully my image works, been a while since I used proper forums and the death of photobucket scuppered my previous method!)

Congrats on getting hold of an E55. They are a great car IMO and can still surprise many of todays fast saloons.

The W/S211 always seems power hungry and getting those batteries changes has probably saved you a winter non start.
No idea if a Carsoft MBII can pinpoint the faulty sensors, but you have Mercland and MSL with Star who can.

Congratulations on the purchase ninjacj :banana: Welcome to the Forum too. Mines still in bits waiting for news on a Driveshaft:crazy::doh:

S211 E55 AMG Wagon

script>

Joined the club about a month ago, bought @guyvert1 's wagon. Very pleased so far, phenomenal car! As you all probably know it's a mega-specced machine , and it's decent miles for its age and very good condition. The odd niggle to sort but I'm planning to have it for a long time so plenty of time for that. Already had 2 brand new batteries, the back one was working but wasn't particular strong, so a couple colder starts and it was flagging the convenience functions message, which in turn was bringing the front one into the equation which was totally f**cked (9.4v) , which gave the red dash of doom. Both were '04 stamped batteries so probably not surprising. New Genuine MB one in the rear and a new Varta YTX-14BS in the front, both showing much better voltages and no warnings! Already have a good Optimate charger ready for the winter as I don't do loads of miles.

Also discovered a cracked intake hose so have replaced both of those, and next jobs are working out TPMS & Parktronic issues. Does anyone know if an iCarSoft MBII is good enough to pinpoint the faulty sensors on both systems?

Going to TRAX in a few weeks so hopefully may meet some other wagon owners!

(hopefully my image works, been a while since I used proper forums and the death of photobucket scuppered my previous method!)

Ah, glad to see she didnt fall apart on the way home :) The old girl didnt get alot of use so nice to see she's in good hands...

I miss it already, driving the wife's puke at the moment !...

Did you ever manage to prise open that little comparment near glove box?

Not a great pic of either but both together.
HwQ1Tkw.jpg

Mine will he up for sale in few weeks time. Hopefully it will go to someone on the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom