S280 W140 Bleeps!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amolak

Car
B200Turbo & V350
Hi,
When I take the key out the ignition, after 5 sec, I hear 3 audible double bleeps. Is this normal?

When I unlock the car the instrument panel of the mileage display illuminates.
It also stays illuminated for about 30 seconds after I have locked the car, is this both normal?

The car has been serviced recently and the service ASSYT indicator has been reset.
However the above items occurred before and after the service.

Also lastly I believe there is a way to check the amount of miles left before the next service. How can you do this?

Pls help

Many thanks In advance

Amo
1998 (R) S280 W140 UK

Originally posted by amolak
Hi,
When I take the key out the ignition, after 5 sec, I hear 3 audible double bleeps. Is this normal?

When I unlock the car the instrument panel of the mileage display illuminates.
It also stays illuminated for about 30 seconds after I have locked the car, is this both normal?

Also lastly I believe there is a way to check the amount of miles left before the next service. How can you do this?

I had a Sony also and it beeped exactly as described for the reasons Paul gave - security.

The mileage displays on my car also - it seems you can't control the display reset function on ignition switch-off, which is a bummer. Anyone know how to do this?

Also, (from memory) if you page through the ASSYST settings with the car stationary til you get to the spanner sign it gives you the info you want. It starts at 10,000 miles after the service reset and goes up or down, depending.
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom