Santa Pod 6th or 13th of October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mark300SL @ Sep. 06 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice conversion - some observations

2.7 seconds is not a very good 60' time !
15.34 is a repectable 1/4 mile time for a 1.8
94 mph is a good terminal speed

This tends to show that it has good power once its moving, but either he cant get it off the line - or the box just wont do it !

It would be quicker on 15&quot;'s too.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
compared to what my car does now its a BIG improvement, also I have found data to say that with the turbo I can accelerate faster 30-80 than a C280 !!!

woooo!!! bring on the BOOST

edit - u do mean 6.7 dont u!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolvin @ Sep. 06 2002,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">edit - u do mean 6.7 dont u!!!</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
No

The first figure is a 60 foot time, ie how quickly you can get 60 foot from the start line, it basically shows how well the car and driver can get off the line.

For a 2wd car a 60' time of 2.2 is good - I have had loads of 2.1x times and a spectacular 1.97 against a NOS powered CRX, however I blew my clutch on that run, so maybe I gave it a bit too much.

So 2.7 secs is a pretty poor 60' time but the rest of the run makes up for it. If he could get to 2.2 sec 60' then he could run sub 15 seconds for the 1/4 - that would be impressive from a fairly big 1.8 car, esp when you consider Maffs 500 and the 500SL are rated at 14.5 !

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom