Scratched by an uninsured driver.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought as much. I would imagine that it would have made it worse but clearly no one really cares if there are competent drivers on our roads.

Lack of insurance aside, if he's a bad enough driver to have managed to hit you in that position then it's a good thing he's off the road..

I'm an Ar$eh0le! Scratched by an uninsured driver.

I know I'm not exactly the best driver in the world. But I would just like to say that if, a car in front of me has stopped regardless of indicating that it is stationary or not, or if a vehicle has decreased it's speed without showing the reds at the rear, I will notice. I will make appropriate adjustments. And I will most certainly avoid touching their vehicle. As I'm sure any one of us on here would too. Unless you're a banger racer.

It takes a real moron, to continue to get themselves into a situation like that. Especially if they then avoid giving you their details, indicating that on some level they know that do not have insurance.

That was instant karma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lack of insurance aside, if he's a bad enough driver to have managed to hit you in that position then it's a good thing he's off the road..

I was about to say, you were already ahead of him, so why didn't he just let you go, instead of him trying to squeeze through.

I also saw the photo earlier today (before you scrubbed the reg out), and noticed the van was a "59" plate, so fairly new. A bit risky anyway to drive a newish van like that without insurance anyway, especially if he wrote off £10,000 of van (or however much it's worth ).

I'm an Ar$eh0le! Scratched by an uninsured driver.

I didn't go into too mich detail, but the lies he was telling were mounting up. It was quite funny.

I'll have to get my note pad out when once I'm at home. I wrote everything that I over heard the van driver tell the police. There was an especially funny one regarding the number plate.

Having been hit by an uninsured driver who left the scene and the police subsequently decided not to pursue it! causing me loss of my NCB, I for one am very pleased indeed that you have helped get an uninsured driver offf the road. If he had any sense he would have apologised and offered immediately to pay for your damage. Clearly he's used to bullying his way through life so, the fact that this will have major consequenses for him is all the sweeter. Sorry if I appear spiteful, but people like that wind me up!

This is my favorite soap box - I am absolutely mad that people drive without insurance - they should throw the book at them,I hope you are recovered,these situations are always unpleasant.

This is my favorite soap box - I am absolutely mad that people drive without insurance - they should throw the book at them,I hope you are recovered,these situations are always unpleasant.

The van drivers is clearly the type that gets into trouble - mostly of him own making.

If I crashed into someone while driving without insurance, I would politely apologise and offer to pay - quickly and quietly... getting the police onsite is the last thing I would want. The van driver is either not very clever or simply not in full control of his actions.

Sorry about your damage, but well done for helping get yet another uninsured driver off the road. :thumb:

Thanks for the support guys. Your words are welcomed.

I'm pretty happy with myself actually. Despite having that small incident happen, I feel that I've done something good, although having done it indirectly. Had it not been for being able to maintain a clear head, and enjoying the perverse sensation of holding up a bully in a rush, I probably wouldn't have been able to identify the things that made me suspicious.

One thing that I did find amazing is that regardless of being and the end of a dual carriageway, on the A3, at rush hour, not a single sole honked their horn. Sure there was a lot of rubber necking, but that's good... It informed other drivers that there are idiots out on the road. And demonstrated they were aware of a hazzard and taking appropriate action. It also felt (for me) as an added bonus in terms of security.

This is an interesting point about the UK.. our cities are about the only large city in the world where if you stand in a busy part of it in the middle of the day and close your eyes, you hear no honking whatsoever... try this in any other major city - New York, Paris, Rome....

Dont feel bad about doing what you did. I dealt with a guy on his bike 2 weeks ago in East London that is now paralized from the chest down (fur life) all down to an uninsured driver.

Shocking scumbags who I take great pleasure in removing from our roads.

The driver sounds like a "Do as you likey", so sadly I suspect he wont end up being prosecuted for no insurance as he'll be of no fixed abode and untraceable come summons time.

precisely the reason as to why I was suspicious about not knowing the post code. Its a simple thing and not compulsory, but any self respecting home owner would know their own post code.

Once again,

Thanks for your comments guys. You are al stars. Or at least driving them :p

Well done. Uninsured drivers deserve everything they get. What if he'd knocked over and critically injured someone?

Well done for standing up to the guy.

The irony is that if he's apologised and offered £50 he could have been on his merry way........

Dont feel bad about doing what you did. I dealt with a guy on his bike 2 weeks ago in East London that is now paralized from the chest down (fur life) all down to an uninsured driver.

Shocking scumbags who I take great pleasure in removing from our roads.

Tyler , I have twice suffered as a result of uninsured drivers - thankfully only to the extent of property damage , having my garden wall demolished and two parked cars wrecked a week apart .

What surprised me , and perhaps you can comment on this part , is that neither uninsured driver was arrested despite in each case police attending . I overheard the woman who crashed through my wall and wrote my car off in my drive admit to the police officer when asked that she was uninsured - the constable wrote something in his notebook , but the woman was allowed to leave with her hubby who came in another car to collect her ( her car also wrecked ) . I was further taken aback on that occasion when the same cop asked to see MY insurance ! This despite my car being parked completely off the road and up my driveway , which is my private property where my car need not be insured , even though it was and I did oblige by showing the certificate . The young girl driving daddys BMW without insurance , and wrote off my partners parked car in front of the house , at first gave false details both to us and to the police , before being found out , but again was allowed on her way .

Is it not normal for someone found guilty of a seroius offence to be arrested , taken to the station , charged - and only then released on bail ?

Last edited:
I sometimes watch the "Police v chavs" programmes on late night TV, and it seems the standard 'punishment' for no insurance is 6 points and a £200 fine. You can be fined more than that for not having a fishing licence!

Says a lot about priorities in this wonderful country of ours.

I thought an uninsured car is now impounded under the new rules...if the release fee isn't paid (along with proof of insurance) it is crushed.

Pontoneer...

If all details can be varified by the roadside then there is no need to arrest, it would be a ticket and seizure or a seizure and a court summons. One of the few reasons they would be arrested for no insurance is if they were a foreign driver shortly leaving the country, or they could provide no fixed abode. Ive known a local scrote to be kept in custody all over the weekend recently, only to go to court on Monday morning. Imagine every uninsured driver getting arrested, we would have to turn Wales into the largest custody suite in the world ;)

I love the legislation that not allows for uninsured drivers to have their car taken from them. £200 fine, 6 points approx £120 for the tow and approx £30 per day. If its not collected within 7 days with proof of ownership and a valid insurance cert, the car is crushed regardless :) awesome.

Hope this answers your question mate :)

Uninsured drivers boil my p*ss big time and (I speak for London here) it would absolutely amaze people how many sh*theaps are being driven without insurance. Too many to deal with almost. In an op last year, over 1,100 cars were seized in one East London borough over a 2 week period. Now consider that there are 32 boroughs in London... scary eh?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom