service costs..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dss

Car
w204 2010 c180 cgi, w203 c180 kompressor 2003, 1988 190e classic
Hi guys and gals,

i know this has probably been done to death, but to keep it contemporary im looking at getting my '03 c180 komp with 15700 on the clock for its service a.

what kinda prices are indi's doing for A and B?

and any ideas on the stealerships?

cheers

d

I would say about £200..i think..you do know MB gives 15% discount for i think 4yrs over cars..for parts and labour..so if you do dealership service, mention that at service..if not, go with independent..a lot cheaper..

Don't be afraid to haggle with main dealers - increasingly they seem to be prepared to be competitive if asked.

So you know what you're aiming for, in the summer, the A-service on my C-Class was £135 including all additional due items and VAT, but I supplied my own oil which cost £46 from Costco. The most expensive quote was £296 from another dealer.

The A service is approx 1 hour of labour. The rest is oil and parts and Vat. Round here the labour is charged at £100 per hour inc vat but, of course, that includes all overheads, collect and deliver or a loan car, and the car cleaned and hoovered.

For that you get free MobiloLife -30 year rust guarantee and free breakdown cover. Not just for you but for all drivers -unlike the AA who want £150 for full cover for man and wife and more if you want to go to Europe.

Most dealers do discounts for older cars.

They also check that all recalls and service campaigns/updates have been done on your car and if not they do them for no charge.

Had my GL serviced just before Christmas. It's old enough to be on the servicing regime based on distance / usage not just time (12mnths) distance (15k miles).

It was showing need for a B service (I think) but whatever it basically amounted to an oil /filter change and a few checks.

This cost me £270 before VAT. The biggest component was the oil, 12 litres costing £137.70 excl VAT, next labour £123. The rest filter, seal etc.

These figures include a 20% discount on labour ( usually £110ph excl VAT) and 10% off parts.

Some software updates were also done (FOC) and the need for a new air suspension compressor identified, apparently there was a 'bad batch'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom