Service history in command

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 W204 C180K
With the absence of a service record book I was wondering if the service history in terms of date mileage and type of service was recorded in the command unit and if so is it a DIY proposition to access it.

Its not saved there.

Your service invoice is your cars history

If it's been serviced by an MB main dealer you can get a full print out if you give them your VIN

Thanks guys,

So the car only knows when the next service is due and what type. It was the fact that it knew what type of service was due that made me think it might remember what had been done before.

One other question about what I consider to be the most annoying feature on the car.
When the low fuel light comes on it overrides everything else in the display and you can't toggle to any other function. So even though you know there are 8L of fuel left there is no ability to monitor the mileage since the light came on except by stopping and turning off the engine. I've been used to doing the mental arithmetic and thinking ok I'm safe for 50 miles or whatever. MB seem to be really dumbing down with this one and they must have a very cynical view of the drivers intelligence.

Restore my faith in the marque and tell me this isn't common to all recent MB models

And I don't suppose it can be programmed out ?

Easier just to top up as soon as the light comes on?

Never liked running so low on fuel. The low fuel slopping around can stir up sediments, blocking strainer and filters

Last time I saw my low fuel warning I just pressed OK and the warning went off. The light by the gauge stayed on but no message.

This enabled me to press the relevant buttons to find out exactly how far I had left to travel. And then chicken out and put some in. :)

Last time I saw my low fuel warning I just pressed OK and the warning went off. The light by the gauge stayed on but no message.

This enabled me to press the relevant buttons to find out exactly how far I had left to travel. And then chicken out and put some in. :)

Thanks.

In the hand book it says messages in general can be hidden by pressing the R button but also says messages of high importance cannot be displaced. It specifically says the range facility will no longer be available once the low fuel level warning comes on.

I was on the motorway last time and I'm sure I tried the R button but I will try it again. 8 L would have got me another 90 miles which doesn't seem to me to be a cause for immediate panic as long as I have an indication of the mileage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom