Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Naz26

Car
Vito 2005 115 cdi
Hi guys, I'm going to take on the venture of servicing my own Van. It's a Vito 2005 115 2.2 cdi . I'm only going to do the oil and oil filter for now. I'm getting the parts from Mercedes-Benz, the oil they supplying me with is Mobil 5w40. Can any of you guys help me with Do's and Don'ts and can you guys tell me how to reset the service lights. Thanks.

Last edited:
That oil is fine. As long as it is at least 229.5, low ash and the right weight (0/40w in your case), then the make doesn't matter as such. For future reference MB 229.51 - Low SPAsh multigrade service engine oils (Specification 229.51) - Mercedes-Benz Specifications for Operating Fluids You can use the drop down where it say 229.5 to change that for recommendations on other applications.

Oil level should be checked with engine warm and preferable to not overfill otherwise you will have to take some out otherwise risk damage. If the capacity is say 8.5 litres, put 7.5l in and check the level. The difference between minimum and maximum level is normally one litre. Drain the old oil with engine warm as usual.

Last edited:
You will, but you can buy one on Ebay for about 8 quid, In the filter box will come 3 o rings which will replace the ones once the filter has been removed, Many will tell you to change the sump bung washer, i dont feel its a need as i have never yet had a sump bung leak, just make sure it comes away with the bung, as trying to find it after in the spent oil is messy.

I have an ML and if this is the first time you have serviced a car, i would suggest you buy a torx set, they are quite cheap but you will use them many times.

Last edited:
To set the lights you will need an electronic fault finding tool, which you can also buy on ebay, anything from a tenner upwards, plug this into your sixteen pin socket which will probably be under the drivers side, and follow the instructions

Generic MB service check list.....:

Engine oil and filter change
Cabin/Pollen filter change
Fuel filter change
Air filter change
Brake Fluid change
Coolant change (unless long-life coolant)
ATF change (if auto gearbox) or Gear Oil change (if manual)
Spark Plugs change (if petrol)

To find the correct intervals for your car, check:
Mercedes-Benz ESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom