Serviced by an MB Dealer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maff said:
True John. The only trouble is this is not my 'normal' dealership (mind, i've bought from three different ones in the past, and this is the forth dealer) it's one that specifically gave us a good price on the ML to start with, so they dont have any past loyalty from me (unfortunately)

Whoops! :eek:
Sorry about that ;)

I am a great believer in developing a good relationship with a car dealer and hopefully this might be the start. ;) ;)

Well done for not being walked over,

John

When will these people learn that trying to squeeze the odd hundred out of someone trying to buy a car for £'000's never works. Many moons ago I made an offer on a car at a dealership - cash on the nose and the salesman tried to counter £200 higher. My attitude was that if she (yes she) was desperate enough for another £200 then she could find someone else to give it to her. Some people enjoy haggling, but £200 on a car costing £20,000 didn't make sense to me - it only p'd me off!
Les

Only £300 ?? That was fairly good by some standards...

I have been looking for a newer SL over the last few days, an R230 in black with berry red leather and a panoramic roof.

To begin with the dealer said "if we can get you a car that did not have the roof we could retro fit it as a sweetner on the deal :)" and they agreed to take my SL at a price good enought to clear the outstanding finance. This left me some cash to put some proper money down on the new one :D

Great I thought...

I got a call today, and they have me found a car...

Black with, berry leather, no pano roof...

Not a problem as we are going to do a deal on the roof so looks like a deal...
So I wander off down there to do the figures and do the deal,

Looking at the figures I notice that there was a deficit on the price of the car and the finance figures... "So whats this all about?" I asked,
"Oh thats the outstanding finance on your car and the cost of the pano roof... " :devil: some f*ing help :devil:

Pointed out that we were supposed to be doing a deal on the roof, and the part ex figures were already agreed... Only to get a blank look from both the dealer and the finance bod :bannana:

So then I asked the question: Howmany people get rich enough to buy MBs by being stupid enough to fall for this type of bait and switch crap???

Anyway I walked off on the deal :( Its annoying that I could be missing out on the car, but its only tin at the end of the day.

So it seems the New MB sales mantra is "customers were born yesterday" :(

Sorry to hear of your problems too Peter, I know exactly what you mean.

If a car is meant to be its meant to be. So something will come along for you, or if this car is for you the sales people will stick to their agreement to get the sale.

Cheers :)
There are 100's of 2003/4 SLs up for grabs at the moment. my main problem is the fact that I cannot be without a car, and I don't want to commit cash on a new car until there is a line under this one...

I think in the end I will be too busy/ lazy to sort it out for myself...

I used to be confused but now Im just not sure :D

I would always recommend you make every part of a negotiation crystal clear. I always have each stage in writing so that I know exactly what is on offer. Don't leave anything unclear, and always, always keep a record.

John

Great taste. My spec too. But cubanite silver would do just as well. The pano roof is a must.

also need to get one no more than 1.5 years old, so you have at least 1.5 years of manufacturer's warranty left

peterchurch said:
I have been looking for a newer SL over the last few days, an R230 in black with berry red leather and a panoramic roof.

glojo said:
Whoops! :eek:
Sorry about that ;)

I am a great believer in developing a good relationship with a car dealer and hopefully this might be the start. ;) ;)

Well done for not being walked over,

John

doesnt work , they become familiar with you and try to make more money out of you ....

pays to shop about ... and to know the guy that owns the place :)

C240Sport97 said:
Great taste. My spec too. But cubanite silver would do just as well. The pano roof is a must.

also need to get one no more than 1.5 years old, so you have at least 1.5 years of manufacturer's warranty left

Its fairly easy to find 04 cars for the low 50's with two years warranty left on them :)

the R230 SL must be due a facelift sometime soon. Plus, the new MB V8 will be coming in the next year or so ....

they may get even cheaper in a year or so ?

peterchurch said:
Its fairly easy to find 04 cars for the low 50's with two years warranty left on them :)

C240Sport97 said:
the R230 SL must be due a facelift sometime soon. Plus, the new MB V8 will be coming in the next year or so ....

they may get even cheaper in a year or so ?

They are losing money fairly well now that they are more readily available.
I agree that they must be due a facelift although they got new toys this year, with the 7G box and new dvd command in year 03-04

a £50K 04 model 350 is looking at a drop to 28K in 3 years so 50%...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom