Shell GO+ Rewards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only one round our way that sells it is Weston Favell I thought?

theres also one about 2 miles off J15a. Pretty much every tesco extra store with a Fuel station sells momentum in my experience

I’ll have a gander, but anywhere up the A45 is out of my go to route haha. Mainly try and use A14 etc, might see if Kettering sells it but it’ll cost a tenner just getting there and back :D

theres also one about 2 miles off J15a. Pretty much every tesco extra store with a Fuel station sells momentum in my experience

If you look on the Tesco website, there's a store locator, and in the services bit it tells you whether the filling station offers Momentum. Kettering Extra does, so can I have half the tenner it would have cost you to find that out?

If you look on the Tesco website, there's a store locator, and in the services bit it tells you whether the filling station offers Momentum. Kettering Extra does, so can I have half the tenner it would have cost you to find that out?

Nope, as it only costs £1 to get to my local shell and back :rock:

Now that I moved away from the mad house aka Northampton town centre, I'm going to review my "normal" petrol stations - Shell Far Cotton and BP St James ... it's a shame the very useful PetrolPrices app was totally messed up with the last "upgrade" - I used to check it often, but not anymore. Need to find a replacement.

so far gbp680 spent on petrol and gbp 13 saved off fuel. on more visit will equal 20 visits . lets see what gifts rain out of the sky ..

BP for me.....(only because I have 3x BP close to home and no Shell).

The main advantage for me is that I do not need to go into the store to pay for petrol. The phone app allows you to fill up and go. I've not really taken a good look at the rewards but they seem to be ok.

BPme Rewards | Products and services | Home

Last edited by a moderator:
yes the BP set up is v useful . shell has something similar with fill up and go on the app. I like the local bp stations around me because they have m&s food .

yes the BP set up is v useful . shell has something similar with fill up and go on the app. I like the local bp stations around me because they have m&s food .

Ditto which is why I like the pay app, so I can avoid all the food temptation.......

Thought I’d update the new shell+ experience from my previous thoughts, now two months in

I’ve switched my fill-ups now to half a tank (work van) so I’m visiting more often, and it’s actually not working out too badly as I initially thought

I’m getting £2 off fuel options nearly after each visit, I’ve currently got six sat ready to be used. I’ve had free coffees, free chocolate, and free washer fluid so far (biggest money off I had I think was £3.80)

It’s just a shame you can’t combine the money off fuel options in one fill up, I use the money off on my own car. Money saved I’ll buy a can of monster or a another drink, which is what I’d usually buy anyway so the way I see it, I’m getting a free cold drink on each visit

Using the shell card also gets you 10% off certain items in store

The more you spend on other things in-store the more money off you’ll get too, so I’m always scanning in store purchases separate. My van goes through adblue like no tomorrow, so buying that so frequently certainly bumps up the bonuses

So my thoughts on it are slowly improving! Again, if you’re only filling up a personal car with a relatively short commute, I see no benefit in not using Tesco for club card points. If you have a fleet vehicle and a fuel card, it’s your oyster

Stood for nearly ten minutes waiting to pay at my local Shell station the other day - a bloke was trying (unsuccessfully) to get the Shell app to work on his phone so that he could register his visit. Not even the staff member serving him could get it to work properly. I'm sure it's usually fine, but I'm glad I opted for a card/fob, which is much quicker.

Stood for nearly ten minutes waiting to pay at my local Shell station the other day - a bloke was trying (unsuccessfully) to get the Shell app to work on his phone so that he could register his visit. Not even the staff member serving him could get it to work properly. I'm sure it's usually fine, but I'm glad I opted for a card/fob, which is much quicker.

i don't think you can scan from the phone app - only from a physical card or fob...

the image of the card is generic...

i don't think you can scan from the phone app - only from a physical card or fob...

the image of the card is generic...

Nonsense.

Shortly after making a post on here, Shell decided to award me with a £8.20 voucher on my 11th or 12th fill up. Just once.

To top it all off, BP stopped accepting Nectar and introduced their own card. Not used that yet but it's apparently a spit image on the good old and now obsolete Shell system.

Nonsense.

Shortly after making a post on here, Shell decided to award me with a £8.20 voucher on my 11th or 12th fill up. Just once.

To top it all off, BP stopped accepting Nectar and introduced their own card. Not used that yet but it's apparently a spit image on the good old and now obsolete Shell system.

I’m referring to the image of the loyalty card used to register your visit.

Are you referring to the separate discount / money off voucher, generated specifically for you after x qualifying visits?

I'm fortunate to have a Shell station within 5 minutes walk of my house so always fill up there, not finding the reward scheme too bad.

Got £2 for signing up and then randomly £1.40 off V-Power which is what I use anyway. I'm 7 visits in as I top up my tank four times per month.

My other half has a habit of putting in one full tank a month but with the points now being based on visits rather than cost of fuel, she's topping up weekly instead.

I'm fortunate to have a Shell station within 5 minutes walk of my house so always fill up there, not finding the reward scheme too bad.

Got £2 for signing up and then randomly £1.40 off V-Power which is what I use anyway. I'm 7 visits in as I top up my tank four times per month.

My other half has a habit of putting in one full tank a month but with the points now being based on visits rather than cost of fuel, she's topping up weekly instead.
Clever device to drive footfall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom