• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL60 AMG prefacelift

streetsupercars

Car
SL60 AMG pre facelifted 1996 Factory Car and also own 1990 Mercedes 500sl r129
to be exact one of the very few Azurite blue cars... of course would love it to have the correct 3 piece split rims and full mark 1 amg kit...

no its not and there is a non amg kitted SL60 living in pimlico in the right colour. it even has the early staggered 3 piece wheels... I may have to put a note on his window...

No doubt someone will correct me, but I wasn't aware that any SL60's came without AMG body kit, if that's what you mean, although I'm not entirely clear if it is.

Many early pre facelift were sold without body kits

there is one parked off finchely road nw3 n west hampstead on the road, 125k miles but i do not think it is for sale!!

i was about to correct that myth... the factory bodykit was an extra even on the sl60... until the facelift cars were introduced then all the 60s had the kit as standard. I knew of one in Glasgow back in 94 who had only the boot lip spoiler and the 3 piece wheels but no front or rear bumper or side skirts. it still looked awesome ... somewhere i have the photos. That was an azurite with cream car, i know of a azurite with blue leather car from merc UK possible demo car from 94/5 and there is a azurite with cream in pimlico.

personally i dont mind if it has the kit or not... contrary to belief, you can always source a kit at a later date.

I shall need to have a drive up to Hampstead!

Pretty much all amg's up to the mid 90's are different as you could specify anything you wanted from just a gear knob to the complete package.., it's only with the c36 that amg started to become a standardised product.

Pretty much all amg's up to the mid 90's are different as you could specify anything you wanted from just a gear knob to the complete package.., it's only with the c36 that amg started to become a standardised product.

Was a knob given a badge? :D:D

streetsupercars said:
no its not and there is a non amg kitted SL60 living in pimlico in the right colour. it even has the early staggered 3 piece wheels... I may have to put a note on his window...

I know the guy that owns that one, he may part with it. Shall I ask the question?

yes absolutely!
i decided to buy a set of aero 11, 3 piece split rims this week (for my blue 500sl) to pay homage to the sl60 until i can get my hands on one!
I know the guy that owns that one, he may part with it. Shall I ask the question?

all this talk of sl60's and then just to wind me up, Im out for coffee in marylebone on saturday and i spot a full mark 11 AMG kitted SL, i approach and yes it is a real facelifted SL60! mercedes sl60 amg IMG-20140830-01393 (3).jpg

mercedes sl60 amg IMG-20140830-01393 (1).jpg

all this talk of sl60's and then just to wind me up, Im out for coffee in marylebone on saturday and i spot a full mark 11 AMG kitted SL, i approach and yes it is a real facelifted SL60! View attachment 45470

View attachment 45469

Nice enough but I think the blue hood and the tips let it down.

Black is better on silver methinks. I know this view is heretical but I also prefer AMG IV's !

Attachments

• IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 28
that is a beauty - how long have you had it? must have been quite a hard find!
i do like those wheels but they are not correct for the period of the car!
Nice enough but I think the blue hood and the tips let it down.

Black is better on silver methinks. I know this view is heretical but I also prefer AMG IV's !

i should have just bought this one a few months ago. it wasnt in good condition and needed a lot of tlc, it also had the wrong wheels on it for the age which made me suspicious... sl60.jpg

i see the red press car is still wearing its original reg plate!
Vehicle details found: M365LNH
RED, 1995 MERCEDES SL60 AMG AUTO CONVERTIBLE

that is a beauty - how long have you had it? must have been quite a hard find!
i do like those wheels but they are not correct for the period of the car!

About seven years.
i should have just bought this one a few months ago. it wasnt in good condition and needed a lot of tlc, it also had the wrong wheels on it for the age which made me suspicious... View attachment 45473

I don't recall ever seeing any for sale with the original wheels. I imagine some must exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom