• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL60 F1 pace car

Exhausts look a bit "barry" too but otherwise seems quite nice :)

I'm not sure the colour suits but I think the grey weather makes it look a bit grim, on a sunny day I bet it looks great!

That car has been up for sale for a while - advertised as 'concours' condition for £27k on Autotrader :rolleyes:.

The car was originally green and there's no such thing as an F1 spec R129. Could be a bargain - but going to be very hard to shift in that colour.

stats007 said:
there's no such thing as an F1 spec R129. Could be a bargain - but going to be very hard to shift in that colour.
Doh!! That was going to be my question. The documentary I saw on official 'pace' cars showed them to be one off's that were not really suitable, perhaps even road legal??

John

I remember a yellow '97 SL60 with quad exhausts in a dealer ad in this month's MB enthusiast (alongside a late-ish SL600 ... both advertised at the same price, £27,500 IIRC). Same vehicle?

THIS VEHICLE WAS THE FLAG SHIP OF THE MERCEDES RANGE COSTING IN EXCESS OF 115,000 POUNDS WHEN NEW

Er, no. I have the 1997 price list - the SL60 was £97,450, and the SL600 was £102,400.

BTB 500 said:
Er, no. I have the 1997 price list - the SL60 was £97,450, and the SL600 was £102,400.

You couldn't blame the seller for taking £115k though if the buyer wanted to!!

;)

BTB 500 said:
There are no options for the SL600 then?

Shude said:
There are no options for the SL600 then?

You mean the SL60?

If so, yes - but not £17k's worth ;) :

AMG suspension (note - not standard on an AMG car!) - £1900
OR adaptive damping (not mentioned on this car) - £3560

Exclusive leather (presumably not, if the seats were re-done?) - £2800

Panoramic hard top (which this car doesn't have) - £2600

ICE - up to £2200 ('Exquisit' audio, plus autochanger, plus Bose)

Then a handful of others ranging from £40 (3rd brake light) up to £550 (wood/leather steering wheel).

Don't think it's the MEM-advertised one. Yes ruined by the wheels. Is the number-plate visible on the magazine's advert?

Two yellow '97 SL60s with non-standard quad exhausts for sale at the same time would be a big coincidence (but obviously not impossible). I will have another look at the mag tonight!

khan wheels - yeuch.
what's wrong with AMG??

still, FSH and 475 bhp!!
how would the engine be modifed to go from 381 to 475bhp (+25%) ?

Most SL60s are thought to be close to 400bhp as standard - though even 75bhp would require different cams as well as a remap / filters / exhaust / cats etc.

Do you think he would be interested in a part/ex with a decent camera ?

nickg said:
khan wheels - yeuch.
what's wrong with AMG??

Totally agree - and back in 1997 the SL60's split rim AMG wheels were nearly £5000 as an option on any other R129!

I get the impression they've priced it based on being a supercharged version which it isn't. £27k tops for that I'd say.

maggot said:
Do you think he would be interested in a part/ex with a decent camera ?

does your camera have 475bhp and pearlescent paint??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom