• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL60 F1 pace car

stats007 said:
I get the impression they've priced it based on being a supercharged version which it isn't. £27k tops for that I'd say.
20" wheels? I didn't know the styling I/III came in that size! Ceramic brakes? How about the AMG wide body, where is that then or is it just some minor wheel arch flaring?

Shude said:
20" wheels? I didn't know the styling I/III came in that size! Ceramic brakes? How about the AMG wide body, where is that then or is it just some minor wheel arch flaring?

bad description i think , the back end does look wider but if you enlarge the photo of the wheel i can see 205/40 zr 19 not 20 :confused: and I dont recall Ceramic Brakes looking like that .

had a look at the Cl55 in the car park at work the car in the add does look wider at the back , but as you say might just be flaring of the rear arch .

Andy b

Last edited:
andyb said:
bad description i think , the back end does look wider but if you enlarge the photo of the wheel i can see 205/40 zr 19 not 20 :confused:

had a look at the Cl55 in the car park at work the car in the add does look wider at the back , but as you say might just be flaring of the rear arch .
If they want someone to part with that much money over what it's probably worth I'd expect them to at least attempt to get some of the facts straight!

The SL60 in MBE mag (page 76) is different to the one on Ebay. Reg. no "E1 JAM", 1997, 400 bhp, panoramic top, rosewood, nappa, ortho seat, xenons, £27,500. Colour given as "yellowstone", and it has quad exhausts.

BTB 500 said:
The SL60 in MBE mag (page 76) is different to the one on Ebay. Reg. no "E1 JAM", 1997, 400 bhp, panoramic top, rosewood, nappa, ortho seat, xenons, £27,500. Colour given as "yellowstone", and it has quad exhausts.

Well that's the one that was green originally - I have the VIN somewhere...

wallingd said:
Love that. Looks like different track (if the F1s had a different track)

In 1997?!???!? :crazy:

its a 2001 CL55 . 911 turbo got them in 2000 !!!

but looking at the picture theyre not ceramic ,

Andy b

nickg said:
does your camera have 475bhp and pearlescent paint??

No, but it can be seen......... and clearly. Much as I like the SL you would have to be called Klaus, wear white trousers and be sporting a mullet haircut to be driving such a hideous looking thing, 475 bhp or not.

maggot said:
No, but it can be seen......... and clearly. Much as I like the SL you would have to be called Klaus, wear white trousers and be sporting a mullet haircut to be driving such a hideous looking thing, 475 bhp or not.

well, my middle name is klaus, and what's wrong with a mullet:mad: :rock:

I had a wicked mullet in the early nineties ...... must have been 1 1/2 inches on top and a good 6/7 down the back ....... :o

Photos do exist ........

Can't believe i just admitted that on a public forum ......

Howard said:
I had a wicked mullet in the early nineties ...... must have been 1 1/2 inches on top and a good 6/7 down the back ....... :o

You're not ...no surely ...you can't possibly be ...the one ...the only

...Pat Sharpe can you??

capitalfm_ps.jpg

:crazy:

nickg said:
khan wheels - yeuch.
what's wrong with AMG??

still, FSH and 475 bhp!!
how would the engine be modifed to go from 381 to 475bhp (+25%) ?

Project Kahn wheels are exclusive...

I tell you what Bobby, thats a pretty good likeness of my haircut at the time .....:o

Oh the shame .....

Howard said:

Photos do exist ........

Can't believe i just admitted that on a public forum ......

:o :o For a mullet that's just about edible :)

mullet.jpg

You all had me baffled, but when I went onto Google, I found it harder to find a picture of the fish. It was all pictures of a 'certain type' of chap!! :D :D Mullet!! We live and learn :o :)

Happy fishing,
John

Flash said:
Project Kahn wheels are exclusive...

Thankfully. The fewer I see the better ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom