SLK 350 Calipers 2 or 4 Piston?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JudgeVFR

Car
SLK350
I have recently bought a 2004 SLK 350 which replaces the one which was written off last month.
I was changing the brake pads and noticed that there was a large chunk out of the alloy on the caliper so decided to replace caliper. I ordered it from GSF (Pounds 189.00 )and picked it up yesterday but it did not match the one which I was replacing? Checked the caliper and the replacement was a 2 piston caliper rather than a 4 piston which was fitted to the car. Returned the caliper to GSF with full refund. They told me that that was the right caliper for the car per the registration.
I phoned Mercedes parts in Northampton and enquired about a caliper from them (Pounds 368.00 plus vat) Ouch! 2 days delivery. Asked about the number of pistons and they reckon its a two piston caliper whereas both the calipers on my car are 4 piston. Incidentally the calipers on my first SLK350 were identical to the ones on the current car.
All I want is a replacement caliper the same as the one I am taking off to match up on the car, and a definitive answer as to which calipers are correct for the car.
Would any owners of SLK350 2004/2005 models advise which calipers are on your car so that I can get the correct one to replace the defective one on my car? (My current caliper has the 4 torque bolts showing on the face showing through the wheel).

Mercedes were adamant that it was a two piston caliper so the part number would be of no use to me.

If you have taken the part off and can quote the part number just get it ordered and put it back on!

Tony.

I have recently bought a 2004 SLK 350 which replaces the one which was written off last month.
I was changing the brake pads and noticed that there was a large chunk out of the alloy on the caliper so decided to replace caliper. I ordered it from GSF (Pounds 189.00 )and picked it up yesterday but it did not match the one which I was replacing? Checked the caliper and the replacement was a 2 piston caliper rather than a 4 piston which was fitted to the car. Returned the caliper to GSF with full refund. They told me that that was the right caliper for the car per the registration.
I phoned Mercedes parts in Northampton and enquired about a caliper from them (Pounds 368.00 plus vat) Ouch! 2 days delivery. Asked about the number of pistons and they reckon its a two piston caliper whereas both the calipers on my car are 4 piston. Incidentally the calipers on my first SLK350 were identical to the ones on the current car.
All I want is a replacement caliper the same as the one I am taking off to match up on the car, and a definitive answer as to which calipers are correct for the car.
Would any owners of SLK350 2004/2005 models advise which calipers are on your car so that I can get the correct one to replace the defective one on my car? (My current caliper has the 4 torque bolts showing on the face showing through the wheel).

Is your car a sport model with the AMG kit? Do you have drilled discs? If so then they should be 4 pot and have the the 4 hex bolts, if it is not a sport the previous owner may have upgraded the brakes,

the full VIN will prove what it came with as standard.

post it up and someone will check the calliper for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom