SLK central locking not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanf

Car
SLK 230
I'm new on here and just got my first Merc. It not the best SLK but nor was it the dearest. It has a sweet engine everything else is mainly tlc required to make it look good. My main concern is the central locking does not work.The key fob does the alarm ok but i have to lock the doors with the key. My main concern is the fuel filler and of course the boot lock is ceased (i'm already onto that via other postings from other members) . I look forward to your help.

alanf

I guess you have checked the fuse that controls the central locking.
if you have and it is okay, does it work form the central dash button if you have one?

I'm new on here and just got my first Merc. It not the best SLK but nor was it the dearest. It has a sweet engine everything else is mainly tlc required to make it look good. My main concern is the central locking does not work.The key fob does the alarm ok but i have to lock the doors with the key. My main concern is the fuel filler and of course the boot lock is ceased (i'm already onto that via other postings from other members) . I look forward to your help.

alanf

Soggy CL pump?

My main concern is the fuel filler

That would be an urgent problem if you need to refuel.

When or if you can get into the boot, remove the trim inside driver side rear wing, just behind the fuel flap you will see a Red? Or Orange? handle, pulling it back will allow you to manually open the fuel flap.

Dec

Thanks for replies. The boot and fuel filler will not lock so refueling is not a problem but security is. I do have a button on the dash but nothing happens when i press it.

Alan

Remove the spare wheel remove the jack and polystryme holder and to the right you will see a grey foam box.just pull it out and hey presto theres the PSE CL pump

Somewhere I read in the forum someone with an A-Class .... his central locking was not working either..
apparently his Central Locking pump which was located under the floor .... was totally flooded with water... so malfunctioned.

It is worth looking at it before you do anything else... (ofcourse asuming you checked the fuses first... sometimes even if the fuse looks good it is better to change it and see if it still does the same problem)

I have an SL and the alarm works but i also have to unlock the doors using the key. When i press the button on the key the alarms works and you can hear a noise (guessing the central locking pump) trying to work but it does not. Going to locate mine and replace i think.

Good luck with yours

Thanks again for replies. I got the pump out over the weekend and found the wires that you have to lock on with a lever had been disconected so i put them back on but still nothing. The pump looked dry but is there a way to drain itso i can be certain?

alan

. The pump looked dry but is there a way to drain itso i can be certain?

alan

What year is your slk??
Are you looking at the right pump as there is nothing to drain.the one you are after is on the right by the jack enclosed in a foam box .when i first got my slk i couldnt find it first time.
See post 7

Last edited:
Thanks that is the pump i found ive had a play again today but still no luck. A mate is going to do a lamp test on the wiring to see if i have a live connection. Car is a 99T

alanf

Hi.
I have similar problem with my slk.
Central lock works fine when I lock it using remote key and when I lock or unlock it using button on a dashboard. However when I want to unlock it using remote key, indicators do flash but nothing happens. I have to put the key in the lock and then sometimes central lock works, sometimes it doesn't.
Could it be the pump as well?
Thanks for any advice:)

It's the most common cause of this problem on an slk.
It's at the lowest point in the boot, and can get wet it the drains are blocked. Packing it in water absorbing foam doesn't help.
Its easy to get at and check - It's the first place I'd be looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom